I am currently quarantined, because someone was exposed to someone who was exposed to someone who was exposed to someone who had whooping cough. Or something like that. Anyway. When one is quarantined, there is not much to do, so I thought I'd stop by for a chat. A rather one-sided chat.
As some of you may have heard, yesterday was Independence Day. Well, as you probably have guessed by now, I was quarantined yesterday as well. Not quite optimal, if you know what I mean. I did practically nothing except invent the most immature game ever known to mankind. Not bad immature, just immature immature. Think, second grade. I must say, though, this whole quarantining business has been somewhat eye-opening. I never knew till now how perfectly spoiled I am. I was really put out by the whole thing. I didn't cry, thank God, but I complained to no end. I don't know why my parents didn't shoot me or something, come to think of it.
It turned out that one of the families in the area didn't care that we had the potential to be potentially unclean, so we went over to their house for dinner. And it was cool. One of this family's kids had friends from college there that I had never met, so that made things, shall we say, interesting. You see, I have this uncanny ability for making even more of a perfect fool of myself when I am hanging out with people that I don't know at all. One would think that maybe I would a bit more shy, but its actually the opposite that happens. Last night I was purposely acting as dumb and dumb can be and talking in a less than perfect Godfather accent. I cringe at the thought. At least most everyone was laughing their guts out for 95% of the night. Its nice to know that I sacrificed my spotless reputation for something.
But wait. There's more. I am going to give you another example of my unfortunate ability. Last fall I suddenly found myself riding shotgun with a pretty pretty girl I had never met. So we were stuck with each other for about an hour. Or rather, she stuck with me. You'd think that being shoved with an unacquainted attractive member of the opposite sex would have shut me up; sort of numbed things up a bit, if you know what I mean. That was not the case. I went on a rampage of obnoxiousness. You know, really forward for people who had never met and cracking jokes as if we were old pals.I dare say it was probably quite amusing in its own sort of way, but I keep on running into her and I am still pretty embarrassed about the whole thing. I suppose I shall get over it sometime.
I still just don't understand why I have have problem...its probably something to do with my diet.
TTFN
-Thomas
No comments:
Post a Comment