Here it is:
I have often wondered
whether I would actually get around to doing this, and it seems I
have. I still don't know why, exactly, I am giving an account of my
life for all the world to know and to judge, but I guess that's just
what people who have led extraordinary lives do, so I have decided to
float with the current and here I am formulating a sequence of
ordinary letters in order to inform you of an extraordinary sequence
of events.
What you will gain, if
anything from your delving into my story, I cannot say. That depends
entirely on you, the reader. You may merely get a laugh, but I hope
you delve more deeply than that because a life, if perceived in the
correct manner, is a spring from which actions flow forth;
actions—good and bad—that can guide and teach you; actions that
can better the understanding you have of your life. Please learn
then, if you can, from both my mistakes and my triumphs. At the same
time, if all you get get out of reading this story is a laugh, that's
something and that something has worth.
Now I will explain some
things about how I am writing this chronicle. First, it will have
three parts. Second, my life has been made upon thoughts that
appeared random in the present, but actually turned out not to be.
That's just how I work. The problem, for you that is, is that's also
how I write; kind of in all directions. If I am writing and the
subject on which I am articulating pops a thought into my head, well,
I'll jot it down, perhaps even if its mid-sentence. I think that
would be overly confusing for most normal people, so for the sake of your
emboldening I will put those not-so-random, random thoughts in bold.
Like this. I'm not really sure if that whole emboldening thing
worked. In fact it didn't, but it amused me, so it doesn't matter.
Shut up please. It was funny...And so on and so forth. Its
like having parentheses but not. That's not too hard for you
ordinaries, is it? While we're on the subject of ordinaries, I
tertiarily want to have a word or two about words. I like words,
especially big ones. I think of myself as quite loquacious. Scratch
that. I am
the epitome of loquaciousness. That being said, I am going to employ
restraint and use colloquial expressions so that my story is
comprehensible to the masses, both because I think most everyone can
benefit from reading it and because I loath those who pompously use
impressive words just to look
intelligent.
Then again, it is most amusing when those pompatic individuals misuse
their 'impressive' vocabulary. Is
it not true to say that everything finite has a flip side? Plus,
it
is much more fun to make up one's own words. In fact, I have done so
twice in this paragraph alone.
Enough with the explanations. Let us move on. To tell
you the truth, I don't get the whole autobiography thing because it
is imperfect; it is without an end. Perfection is, as far as I'm
concerned, the only state worth working for, so I am going against my
normal code in writing this story. Or rather, part of a story. I have
problem. How shall I end it if it does not end at the end? Am I to say,
“I shall live happily ever after.” in a reassuring manner? That's
the way the majority of stories end anyway. The only problem with
that is, well, I don't know if I will indeed live happily ever after
or not. Anything can happen. Hope, then, is the only viable option:
hope that I find a way to end-but-not-end my story without
awkwardness; hope that I do live happily ever after. Will you hope
with me?
-L.E.
Aug.
9th,
2054
No comments:
Post a Comment