Or rather, an unfruitful one.
I feel like such a dope! I didn't pull any exciting prank off yesterday. In my estimation, my best chance was to pull one off at youth group, so I waited for that time with keen anticipation, but then I wasn't able to go because I was at a friend's house who was grounded. This all wasn't optimal, but I made the most of it, and seeing as he is my closest friend, we made a good time of it anyway. We seriously have the funniest relationship. One moment we'll be cracking jokes with one another and having the craziest of times, and the next we will be seriously discussing not only our problems and mysteries, but the problems and mysteries of humanity, the universe, and infinity. We have this amazing connection that lets us serve each other in the dual capacity of a personal jester and that of a psychiatrist....I have such good friends...I feel almost spoiled. Anyway. Tangent much? Back to April fool's. I did get pull a small one off on my civics classmates. You see, we had this quiz on the Civil War in which none of us got an "A" and with which now of us were pleased with. Well, after the class, I went with our teacher to get a book that he recommended to study for my research paper. While talking with him, I realized that the pants I was wearing were exactly the color that the Union soldiers wore, so when I came back into the classroom I told my friends that I had convinced our teacher to give an automatic "A" for wearing my Union soldier pants. And I got a couple of them for a few seconds. If you knew our teacher it would have seemed plausible, so as fantastical as it sounds. But still. It wasn't anywhere near what I wanted to pull off. Oh well, next year. :)
Right now, my preoccupation is the act of trying to get preoccupied, for I am feeling somewhat restless. I think I'm off to read some Lord Peter...anything to keep me from thinking. Anyway, just thought I'd pop in so that you'd know that some idiot hadn't got it into his head that he should kidnap me for April fool's, or something of that nature. :)
TTFN.
-Thomas
No comments:
Post a Comment