I
am slowly coming to grips with the fact that Holy Week is next week.
Like, what happened to lent? Wasn't Ash Wednesday just the other day?
Man, time flies! I must admit that I'll be somewhat sad when lent
draws to its end. I mean, sure, all that fasting and giving stuff up
can be inconvenient, even painful at times, but that sense of making
spiritual progress; that precedence we give our spiritual lives; that
spiritual awareness; that examination and definition of our hearts is
what I am going to miss. I suppose all that is supposed to continue,
but I'm not holy enough and each year I get distracted. So yeah.
Easter
makes up for the loss of lent, though. In in of itself, Easter is by
far my favorite holiday. There's just something so magical about it.
I get all goose-bumpy just thinking about the Vigil. And its almost
here guys, its almost here! Just being able to say
that-word-that-you're-not-supposed-to-say-during-lent is awesome.
When I think about what my favorite holiday is, really can't decide
between Christmas and Easter. With Christmas there's a longer break
from school, and tons of presents, but Easter is just so—so
Easter-ish....its so cheery and bright and wonderful, and we get to
light a dead tree on fire at church in the middle of the night, so
that's a bonus. Ugh. I can't make up my mind. I guess I just like
them both amazingly well.
And
now for the top 10 recommended things Not
to
do.
- Chug an Arnold Palmer and down two large burritos before sprinting/working out.
- Bomb hills in the middle of the night with your friends, on a single bike. Scratch that, don't bomb hills at night at all.
- Accidentally go into public restrooms designated for the opposite sex, as it is somewhat embarrassing.
- Put your mp3/ipod through the wash.
- Try to fix your camera by putting liquid lubricant in the lenses.
- Put your pants in the wash with a highlighter in one of the pockets.
- Wave at someone you don't know very well while holding a full cup of water in your waving hand.
- Say, “See ya babe” to one of your friend's parents when getting out of the car after getting a ride from said parent, unless you love walking.
- Insult people who have the ability to beat the living daylight out of you because they eventually will.
- Go to McDonald's right before choir practice, unless you enjoy having a bubble zone.
...And
I may or may not have done everything on this list. I'm one those
hands on people who really learn from direct experience. Translation:
I'm an idiotic maniac who doesn't learn unless its the hard way.
And
you and quote me on that.
I
wonder if you can actually read this font.
TTFN
-Thomas
No comments:
Post a Comment