Well, my friends, Saturday has arrived yet again. The seemingly never ending cycle of the week has reached its completion for the four hundred and fifty-sixth thousandth trillionth time, in case you were wondering. As I have absolutely nothing on my mind right now except strawberries and bagels, today I think I'm going to talk about something extremely unoriginal and quite possibly boring. I'm going to talk about what are, at this very moment, (in reader's time, not mine) glaring back at your face. No, I'm not a wizard, I'm not even really that smart, but its obvious that words are glaring at you from this page. And that, quite conveniently brings us to the subject for today: Words.
The relationship between words and our senses is an intimate one. Words are ultimately dependent on the senses for functionality, and the functionality of our senses would be greatly dampened without the gift of words, or speech. It is not surprising, then, that they share common characteristics. Namely, that their nature is good, but they are often twisted for the use of evil. The gift of speech is truly an amazing one, and it's primary purpose is that we use it in order to glorify God to the best of our abilities. To use this gift in any way that is detrimental to that purpose is an abuse of that gift and a great tragedy. (that's why cussing isn't good, FYI. plus, its so mainstream, so why even do it anyway?)
But enough of that dreary stuff. I want to talk about the power of words. Words hold the key to both the ennobling and the manipulation of the human heart. If one looks at history one sees examples of the words of one captivating the greats entire nations. Words are so powerful and I think often our words have an impact that we can't come close to imagining. A simple smiley "hello" to a stranger or other simple words of encouragement. These small gestures of speech can make a world of difference in people's lives. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that the gift of speech is both more wonderful and powerful than we tend to think and that we should therefore always try to work at using it properly: something, I think, that most, if not all, of us need to work on.
In other happenings, my training has been going well, my friends are the best, and my mom just asked me to wash the car, so peace out.
TTFN.
-Thomas, who is craving some caviar right about now.
No comments:
Post a Comment