Sunday, March 2, 2014

To run or not to run.

I am currently babysitting people who have the average age of 20.6. (Yes, I did the math.)...I think peoplesitting would be more appropriate, but ya know, that's what peoples say so yeah. Moving on. My formula for being a successful babysitter is: 1. Shut oneself in the closet. 2. Close one's eyes. 3. Put one's ear buds in. 4. Recite a concise prayer asking that the house isn't in ashes when one's parents get home. 5. Blare one's music whilst contemplating deep things. It works like a charm every time. And don't worry, you can thank me later.

Ahem. As you all know, yesterday I tried writing a blog post without mentioning myself. Needless to say, it was a failure of a post. But as an experiment it was awesome. It proved something that I have been fairly certain about for some time. People enjoy talking about themselves and that is why the majority of blogs exist. There are, of course, a sprinkling of people who have blogs and are creative and skilled enough to produce things that are worth experiencing in in of themselves. But bloggers who share those characteristics are sprinkled far and few between. The majority of bloggers either write about themselves as if the course of the universe depended on it and them, or post of constant stream of pictures of themselves and/or their offspring. For the picture type it seems they think they are the epitomes of beauty and perfection, or that their offspring are the epitome of cuteness, or both. There are also sometimes Evangelical ones on one extremity and and crazy terrorist ones on the other. And I know this because when I was bored I used to flip through random blogs. Yes, I'm a sad person and I live a sad life. 

So. Its given that most blogs are just ramblings of random people rambling about themselves, with occasional ramblings about random, unimportant other things mixed in, or a stream of random pictures, the majority of which filled are with plain subjects. That is because most people like talking about themselves etc. and blogging is the perfect excuse. Simple enough. But my question is, why does anyone read them? Okay, I get close friends who are terrestrially distanced. That's about it, though. I have no idea why in the world people read this, but they do. Quite a few of them, too. And I have friends who I see almost everyday that have blogs. I read them. Straight up. It doesn't really make sense if you think about it, but I do it anyway. 

The funniest thing is when you find out that someone who you would least expect to reads your blog. Inside its like, Wait, you?....Saith Whaaaaaaaaaat? But on the outside its like, Oh, thanks. Glad you enjoy it...Yeah, I have a lot fun with it. Its awesome to know that people do enjoy this, even if its for some imponderable reason. 

Anyways. Its now time for me to do what I'm best at: broadcasting the details of my uneventful life to the world wide web. Last night was the long-awaited Marti Gras dance. It was tolerable, I suppose, but not eventful enough to please me. Just kidding. It was more than worth the wait. It was amazing. And as I had nothing whatsoever to do with putting it on, I want to now take the time to thank those who did. Especially our hosts. And the musicians and the decorators and everyone who helped make it such a fantastic evening.

Today had its ups and downs. It started with a down. At 7 in the morning. I was guilt tripped into going to my friends' basket ball game. I'll go without out sleep for my friends anytime, but our choir was singing one of my favorite pieces and I had practiced really hard for it, so it was a hard decision. I decided that getting up and going to the game was the right one in the end, even though I would have much rather slept in and sung. (You should have seen my friends' faces when they saw I had shown up...they were so surprised to see me...it almost made everything worth it.) I'm convinced that I made the right decision because everything else fell into place wonderfully. I got home just in time to go to the midday mass with my family and then I had an awesome afternoon with my friends. Nothing could have changed my having to babysit and I knew it was going to happen, so I really can't complain. It was a good day.

Now I'm trying to decide whether or not to go on a run. I think I will. And then for homework. Yay!

TTFN,

-Thomas


No comments:

Post a Comment