Right now I am living a rather uneventful existence because I'm sick. The sore throat and general sluggishness feeling have returned. Again. Its becoming almost laughable, in a sick sort of way. I hope its just a random little virus and not the nasty infection that I thought we had gotten rid of. Because if its still that nasty infection, that kind of places my entire season in jeopardy, because I need to do well in early season races in order to qualify for World Championships. The really stinky thing is that results from this year also affect my chances for Rio in 2016. So it would be quite nice if this all is just a short term illness. The thing is that I have no control over these sorts of situations, so it doesn't make any sense to freak out about it. All I can do is deal with the problems that come my way to the best of my abilities and that's what I'm trying to do. In the end my triathlon stuff isn't the most important thing in life. That being said, I am doing all that is within my power to get to the point where I will be able to compete with and beat the best.
I was going to post some pictures from the snow trip, but they didn't turn out that well and they were rather unbecoming, so I think I'll pass on that one. Actually, there was one amazingly hilariously awful picture of one of my friends that is super tempting to post, but one of my Lenten resolutions is to try to start being a nice person, so I think I'm going to pass. Plus, it would probably hurt his pride to the extent that he'd wear a ninja mask for the remainder of his existence and that would get awkward at times, so I think it my decision is best for all parties concerned....now, on Easter on the other hand.... =P
Oh, yesterday I waved goodbye to my literal waves of hair. It was crazy cleaning up after it. There was a small mountain of hair. I could have made about 5 out of it, probably. But in the end I threw it out because it is my impression that the market for hair shirts isn't, at the present, very popular, so my profit would have been minuscule at best.
Lastly, I don't think its fair that I'm never around when my friends meet famous people. A couple days ago my friend randomly bumped into the actors who played Fili and Ori in The Hobbit, (the slingshot one) plus some Elf from LoTR, in a pub. I'm not at all one of those cleb-crazed people, but still it would cool to meet those sort of people every once in awhile....Mostly because I have friends who freak out over people they haven't even ever met, and it would be awesome to make them jealous...No, Thomas. You're being nice now, remember?...Oh yeah, sorry, I forgot. Ahem. The main reason that I'd potentially want to see certain famous people, is because those friends of mine who are burdened with cumbersome obsessions would probably be there with me when I would meet certain famous peoples, so they'd be able to...live their...dreams?...Is that what you'd say? Well, it doesn't much matter...There Conscience! Does that satisfy you?...No?...Well then, you're fired!
....Apparently I don't have a conscience anymore, so watch out. ;)
TTFN,
-Thomas
No comments:
Post a Comment