You guys may be under the impression that I'm being wildly inconsistent this thing because I didn't get a post in yesterday and I've missed a couple days here and there lately. I actually have a legitimate excuse for yesterday, though. I did write a post. A rather long one, in fact. But right as I was about to post it, my computer had a glitch and I lost it all. It was quite frustrating. Especially because, as you would have known if my post hadn't been deleted, the only reason I was posting was due to the fact that I was frustrated already because my tire had flatted and I had missed my workout. So here I am proving my dedication to y'all by getting up early and squeezing a post in before mass.
Last night I was thinking about some serious stuff before I fell asleep, so I think I'll try to describe the thoughts I was having before I get into the fun stuff. What I was thinking about mostly had to do with friendship and relationships, and included in that was a tangent on both how beautiful and how ugly the relationship between a younger person who looks up to and older person can be.
With the relationship stuff, I was more concentrating on the negative spectrum, so sorry, this isn't going to be an all sunshine discussion. More particularly, I was thinking about the rift that we humans create between ourselves and others. Or in other words, I'm talking about the people one doesn't necessarily like being with. Before I go on, I want to say that there are people one should avoid, due to the fact that they are occasions of sin for us. But I'm not talking about those people. I'm talking about the people we see as a nuisance; the people who are 'strange' in our eyes. It seems to me that we humans tend to see the differences in reach other rather than similarities. There is one thing on this subject, though, that I am sure of: it is the work of the devil. What does the devil do? He tears things apart that should be together. He makes little differences and oddities look like impassable canyons. This is just what his specialty is. The very first thing he did to us was create what would have been without God's limitless mercy, an irremovable gap between God and man. He creates these false canyons between us and the people we are annoyed with because he know that by showing love to others, especially others we do not necessarily love to be with, we become more Christ like, and in becoming more Christ like, we become closer to God; closer to closing the gap Satan has created. The irony of it all is that, like all the things Satan twistedly tells us are burdensome, the differences between us are actually a good. They make life so much more interesting. Can you imagine if everyone thought and acted the same way? How awful would that be? It would be like being stuck in conversation for the whole of your life with a bunch of air headed valley girls. I can only imagine. Ohhhh my gosh, yesss. That's like exactly what I was thinking. This is like totes cray cray. Like OH. MY. GOSH!....yeah, that would old within about 10 seconds. What I'm trying to say and what hopefully you can see is that we should embrace each others differences, providing, of course that they are not intrinsically evil. And believe me, its way better when everyone is getting along. I just hate it when people don't.
I was going to say something about the tangent I had mentioned earlier, but I think I'll save that for another day and get on with the fun stuff. You see, I realized I lot of things yesterday and a lot of them have to do with the no-unnatural-sugars diet that I'm on. I realized that the reason I like things others don't, a.k.a. my workout drink, is because my tongue doesn't know what really good things taste like. Its actually kind of cool. If I have yogurt, it tastes like the most wonderful ice cream. Anything with the slightest hint of sweetness tastes like candy. Its awesome. That's part of the reason I don't hate my evil friends who eat cupcakes and other sweets rather passionately in face and throw skittles at me. The other main part of the reason is that I know that when I'm older I'll be healthy and able to enjoy a full life and you gremlins will be too fat and diabetic to even get to the restroom without the assistance of a walker. Plus, I really don't want to eat them because all of the sugar gives me a headache. This all reminds me of the song Bilboy Baggiepants sings at his birthday party in The Lord of The Beans. "Take a little bit of this, take a little bit of that, you think it makes you happy, but it only makes you FAT!" That's what I sing to myself when you evil peoples eat those sweets in front of me. So hah! The joke's on you!
The one problem I have with this diet is that Lent is bearing down on us with its normal way-too-fast speed and I don't think I can really give of sweets because that would be somewhat cheap. What am I going to do? EVERYONE gives up sweets. Last year I gave up meat, but I don't think that was healthy with all the training I do. I could give up movies, but I don't watch many of them anyway, so that's kind of pointless. This is a real dilemma. I need your help guys. What the heck am I supposed to do? The only thing I can say is that whatever it is it will be something that I do rather than giving something up. But there are so many areas that one can improve in, its hard to choose....maybe the joke's on me after all. :(
Yesterday was actually a big day in my life, I made something that will change it forever. It happened like this. I was studying on by bed and it was somewhat uncomfortable because I had to prop myself up to read. It gets tiresome. And regular chairs are much too upright. So I thought to myself, Thomas, you need a throne, that's what you need, a throne. Me being the man of action that I sometimes am I went and built myself a study throne/corner/lair. Its quite possibly that best thing that's happened since the printing press. Its in my walk-in closet and was made with about 10 neatly folded blankets and 3 pillows. There is perfectly situated shelf that is ideal for holding one's books, snacks, cups of juice, water ,and tea, and of course one's pencils and highlighters. Right now mine has my science and civics books, and novel, a highlighter, a pencil, and my toasted bagel bits on it, just to give you an idea. And, like all good thrones, it has a royal guard to keeps the evil hordes at bay: the teddy bear my great grandma gave me. Its pretty sweet. And you know you want one. The great thing is that they are available to order at the link wwwdotthomasisageniusdotcom
Well, its almost time for mass now, so I should be getting going. Have a fantastimastic day filled with progress and not a moment of bore.
Ta-Ta for now,
-Thomas
No comments:
Post a Comment