Sunday, February 2, 2014

Whoa, its February?

I was on a blog last night and it said that it was Feb. already. Say what? Seriously guys, where did January go? It seems just yesterday I was at a New Year's Eve party stuffing my face with sweets. Oh, those were the days.

Today's post is going to be split into two sections. Section one is going to be me talking about smart cars and section two is both going to be a little bit more serious and also a surprise.

Smart cars. I really don't know why on earth one would buy one. Believe it or not, they are actually worse than Priuses. And I'm not just saying this. My dad looked into buying one of them and they honestly are the most nonsensical cars in existence. They would make sense, maybe, if they got really good gas mileage, but they don't. Their mileage is actually comparable to pretty much every normal car manufacturer's "gas saver" model. Plus, unlike Smart cars, these other ones are actually cars, not just tiny two-person boxes on wheels that turn into death chambers in event of almost any accident. There is a question that remains, though. Why do people buy these things? Well, I suppose the final answer is that people are idiots, but reason people buy these cars, I think, is to send a message out to the world. The message is as follows:

Dear World,
I am a smart car driver. "Why?" You ask. Well, there are actually lots of reasons. I both have a lap dog and am single, or I'm not single and I love my dog more than I love my husband because there really isn't enough room in here for two normal sized people. I also love whales more than humans. In fact, I pretty much like everything better than humans. Oh, and did I mention I love thrills. You no idea how thrilling it is when you are on the freeway next to an 18-wheeler. One is always asking oneself whether or not its driver see one's SC, or whether one is going to get squashed like a roly-poly under a skate board. The excitement is indescribable, I assure you.

-The smart car drivers of the planet.

....Yes, that was an awful stereotype and no, I don't care.

And now for my short surprise blurb. *drumroll* I was really struck by this a few days ago, and I thought I would share it with you. My guy friends and I are not by any stretch Prince Charmings, but we do hold the door for people and are generally courteous in public. Anyway, a few days ago I was coming out of a medical complex and there was an ill old lady coming in from the other side. I naturally side-stepped, smiled, and held the door for her. Her response was so telling of the state of our culture. I could see the look of utter surprise on her face. She was surprised that someone was helping her out by simply holding a door open for a few extra seconds. I find that so sad. Have we sunk that low as a people? To a point where even the old and infirm don't expect help from those who are blessed with health and youth? Yes we have. The old and infirm, the very people we owe our existence to, are constantly ridiculed and belittled in the screen and all over the media. Man, we have a lot of work to do people. I only whish I knew what to do and where to go....


Happy Sunday, (feast of the presentation, too) and congrats if you are either a Broncos or Seahawks fan.

-Thomas



No comments:

Post a Comment