....But it was my brother's fault. As it invariably is. I suppose at this time it may be helpful if I told you what exactly I did. The answer is strudel. Blueberry strudel that was left over from brunch. I had a piece. Well, 3 pieces to be precise, but precision is so overrated and archaic. I returned home from a day at the beach utterly famished. I hadn't had anything to eat all day except for a few measly (esp. measly due to the fact they were from In-In-Out) fries. And there they were, sitting there on the counter--a whole plate of them--literally asking to be eaten. WHAT COULD I DO? As a little bit of a side note, I just realized I haven't told you why my brother was the culprit, exactly. I guess it would be a good idea to clear that up now. He was in charge of ordering my food, (how I ever entrusted a position of responsibility of that magnitude, I have no idea) and he somehow "forgot" my burger. But I didn't want to hold people up, so I let it go. That's why I was famished and that's why the strudel was too much to handle. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it, as my Grandpa would say. Am I innocent or guilty?
And that was my confession. Being melodramatic on the internet is kind of my thing. As for the rest of the day, it was pretty awesome, but not really worth talking about because...because, well, just because. It makes sense up here, so you'll just have to trust me. Oh, there was one particular point that was entertaining, so I guess I'll share it with you. As you probably know if you have had any personal experience with me whatsoever, my mouth slips up more than occasionally. We were all getting into the car after mass to go to a basketball game and my friend asked me where I wanted to sit. I replied that I could something anywhere. That something turned out to be a word that sounds quite similar to 'sit' but that has a connotation that is usually frowned upon in dignified society. Thankfully I wasn't at the Ritz, and everyone graciously laughed it off. It was pretty funny, actually. Oops, I just remembered another slip up that was probably even worse and maybe more hilarious, but it had to do with my foot and a ball, not my mouth. And, both because I'm a jerk and its dinnertime, I'm not going to tell you the particulars. Or the super awesome tangent I was planning on going on.
Whoa, this is another really short post. Lucky you.
TTFN
-Thomas
No comments:
Post a Comment