Saturday, February 8, 2014

Never doing THAT again!

Yesterday was the Valentines day party thing and I spent almost the entirety of it playing sports. Not because I especially wanted to, but it was cold,  I had left my sweater in the car, and my mom was gone.  First we played tackle football for awhile, and I've decided that its just not worth it. When I got up this morning, my body felt like it had the approximate age of, 107 years, 68 days, and 2 hours. It was and is awful and  that's why I'm never doing it again. Then we played volleyball. We wont talk about volleyball. Sandwiched between the football and volleyball escapades, there was a little bit of downtime. There is moment that I am imponderably proud of during this downtime. You see, pretty much what this thing was was a candy exchange. I, of course, don't eat candy. So I gave all mine away. Then one of my friends started throwing skittles at me, which, btw USED to be my favorite kind of candy. He was throwing them at me so I could catch them in my mouth. He missed the first few, so that was all right, but then I was confronted by a purple skittle, flying end over end, right toward the middle of my face. What was I to do? I couldn't let it bounce off my face, that would just be awful. So I caught it. There it was, lying there on my tongue. For half a second. Then the unthinkable happened. With an incredible surge of willpower, I expunged the beautiful skittle from my mouth onto the grass. What now? Bring it. Bring anything. I defeated a skittle.

By the time we got home and showered, it was pretty much time for adoration. It was an amazing holy hour. I'm kind of a hit and miss person with holy hours. Sometimes I just cant get locked in and it seems like its an eternity. I pray, but it really just a skeleton of prayer. There are a few times, though, when everything is perfect; when the hour it over too soon; when you just kind of want to sit there forever because you are so moved. Those hours are just about as close as you can get to heaven on earth. They are indescribably amazing. Just thinking about them gives one warmth and peace. These hours happen very often with me, but when they do, it makes them all the more sweet. Last night was one of those hours. It made everything so much better. I know what matters now, and I can handle anything life throws at me. I mean, I handled the skittle. What could be more difficult than that? To do HIS will is enough.

After adoration, we all walked up to a friend's house to hang out. It was really fun. We didn't really do much, but it was fun all the same. My friends are the best. Like, way better than yours. Jk. But they are awesome.

Well, that's pretty much it, and I need to read this play that I'm supposed to be acting in, so TTFN


-Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment