Do you ever get those days when it seems that some awful something or other came and drained every bit of rigor out of your body during the night, leaving one bereft of any energy whatsoever? Well, I get them every once in awhile and today is definitely one of those days. It started with not being able to haul my bones out of bed for an hour and a half. I got up at 7:30. How scandalous! I then stiffly proceeded downstairs to the kitchen where my amazingly cheerful mom give me a hearty, Good morning, Thomas! To which I gave what you might call an Eeyore-istic response. I sometimes wonder how some are as cheerful as they are. I guess it probably has to do with being holy or something of that nature.
I then picked up my computer and headed for the living room to attempt to get a post in before mass for you, my beloved readers. But when I got all settled I was to tired to think of anything to say and even if I had been able to, I doubt anything would have come of it because now my hand is still warming up. So I stared blankly at the screen for a few minutes and then decided to give up the whole thing entirely and postpone it all. (no pun intended)
The rest of the day has passed drearily away. I fell asleep while reading my history today, even though it was actually quite interesting. And that pretty much sums it up. I also don't think my overall feeling of dreariness is helped by the fact that my throat is extremely raw. Its raw because I did a crazy enthusiastic read-through of the play that I'm in, for my siblings. It was pretty awesome. I didn't get through the whole thing, but I did do a good chunk of it. But both because the kids were laughing their heads off and because I was having a considerable amount of fun doing it, I didn't stop until the inside of my throat was literally searing and only and only until after I stopped did the pain begin to be fully realized. Its still hurts hours later. It was a performance for the ages, though, so who cares.
Last night at youth group was kind of different. We talked a lot. But I'm not going to talk about what we talked about because I don't think its really very healthy to do so. So that's that. This is totally random, but I hate when you see a trait in someone's personality, or even just a situation that you see something not-so-good in someone else, and upon further reflection it turns out that what you saw wasn't just a hasty judgment; that what you judged at first wasn't even as bad as the real situation is. When I think I see a fault or a mistake in another, I want it to be that I was just making judgments without any real basis. Or in other words, I would rather be wrong in my opinions than for anything or anyone to be as bad as I thought they were. In fact, I loved being proved wrong in these instances. But last night I saw clearly an angle of a situation that had previously been kind of cloudy. Sadly, in this case, the remission of the clouds didn't bring light and sunshine, but only a deeper darkness. I think I am too often able to perceive people's motives. Its annoying. But its even more so when I cant. That doesn't happen very often, but when it does, its frustrating. I second guess myself and overanalyze and go through thousands of different scenarios, until my brain feels like its going to explode. I have one such case right now, but I have a very strong feeling its going to be resolved in the near future.
In other news, I found out today that there is going to be a movie coming out with Ian Mckellen starring as Sherlock Holmes. A retired Sherlock Holmes, no less. I'm intrigued, but I definitely don't know what to make of it. It'll be interesting to say the least, though. I am also trying decide whether or not I'm going to go to this dance that's on Sat. On second thought, scratch that. I just remembered that there is a seminar that night. Its funny what thinking does, isn't it? I guess that decides it. No dance. Oh well.
Sorry for that melodramatic nature of this post, its just so much more fun that way. Plus, I get a kick out of weirding people out. So I guess you'll have to deal with it.
Well, I'm back to the old grindstone mates!
TTFN
-Thomas
No comments:
Post a Comment