Monday, February 10, 2014

Dark chocolate and raspberries.

Yesterday was an amazingly good day. It started well, it ended exceedingly well, and everything in between was pretty darn good too. The start was, of course, singing in the choir for the first time. It went well, I think. To be honest, I wasn't exactly expecting much; I saw it as more than a favor then anything else because they really need guy voices. But I was so wrong! It was an honor. I got to stand in the place of, and sing in communion with, the angels. How cool is that? It was amazing. I felt like I got so much more out of the mass, as a whole, through singing my lungs out. I'm not exactly sure why, but that's that. I did.

After I got home from mass, I got picked up by friends to go to a basketball game that was being play by other friends. It was pretty much a plethoratic plethora of plethorosotic friends. It was great. They lost, but up a valiant effort. Its not about winning and losing, right? Its about having fun. Once they were done with their dismantling game, we all went out to fast food. I got water. It was delicious. I got it through a quite frustrating process, though. When I asked for water, the kind--but possibly a bit diluted in the cerebral area --lady at the counter gave me a cup; a plastic cup. It was decidedly not water. I wanted to ask the kind lady how one was supposed to drink plastic, (I'm under the impression that its probably not good for one's health, even if she could have told me how to.) but then our wonderful chaperone informed me that I was supposed to get the water for myself, and that the plastic was for holding it. Imagine that! I don't go to fast food very often, but I think next time I go I'll ask the wielder of the counter to give me plain water. I don't need a fancy cup. That's how they do it back home, anyways.

The evening passed by tolerably well. But the real crown of the day was the run. I went on a run. A real one. Like more than 5 miles long for the first time in ages. It felt so good. And I felt like superman till I woke up this morning. Seriously. Regular, intense exercise is probably the best human therapy the world has to offer. All one's problems float away. Everything falling into place, and everything works out. (no pun intended) Its the best.

So to sum up: I'm doing great!

I better go finish my school, but I think I'll post the essay I talked about a few days ago later, so stay tuned!

TTFN

-Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment