Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A new order, a strange ritual, and drowning.

1. My parents have adopted a new lifestyle. And in doing so enslaved us children into it too. Its supposed to leave you slim, fit and trim, or something like that. As far as I can see, it pretty much consists of getting the most outlandish strange food, mixing it all together, and calling it a 'meal.' This morning my mom made 'pancakes.'  They weren't good, but they weren't awful either. They weren't pancakes though. They tasted like a cheerio-flavored omelets. I'm dead serious. I'm not entirely sure what they were made of, and even if I did the ingredient list would probably be longer than a normal post, but I do know that they had no flour, but had tons of eggs, oats, and piles of cottage cheese. And my mom said they were not only pancakes, but "perfectly normal" ones too. I don't think my parents get that just because a thing is the same shape as something else, doesn't not mean that they are the same. The matter matters. A pizza does not equal a cookie. Case closed.

2. I am kind of a backwards person, so I guess it makes sense that I do things backwards. Let me give you a prime example. If your reading comprehension is above the 3rd grade level, you will probably by now have gathered that my family goes to church a lot. If you have gathered that, then you gathered correctly. My family normally goes to church every day. And that normally is at 8:30. Which means that I have to get out of my pajamas and into regular clothes. After I come home, I get dressed for the day and therein lies my backwardness. I think for most people getting dressed for the day means getting out of one's pj's and into normal clothes. For me, it means getting out of my normal clothes and into my pj's. I actually call them my lounge pants because that sounds much better than pj's. They are so much more comfortable than jeans, and so much more cozy than shorts....its one of the perks of being homeschooled. Be jealous.

3. Yesterday I had the worst swim practice in the history of mankind. I felt like I was drowning. I was taking water, my muscles (what are left of them) were aching, and I was going at a snails pace. Coming back after not being able to workout for an extended period of time is not pleasant. But the plus side is that things can only go up from here. And they will.

Oh, and I'm joining a choir tonight. Hopefully it wont be weird, and hopefully I'll have a good voice. I honestly don't know if I have or haven't. I guess we'll find out. It should be interesting, at least, and they need guys voices, so what's to lose?

So to sum up: If invited to our house for dinner, be sure to have a prior engagement; if I ever ask you out, don't accept if you are normal and if you cant tolerate people who wear pj's lounge attire all day if they can get away with it; I'm out of shape.

Take care,

-Thomas, who is off to his workout at his trainer's shop.

2 comments:

  1. Here are your perfectly normal PANCAKES, KIDS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh0NLQJfAYU

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...haha. yep. my mom started singing, 'i'm on top of the world looking down on keeeation and the only expination....' as i walked in the kitchen with a not overly enthusiastic face on....at lest she didn't make us smoothies. XD

    ReplyDelete