Monday, February 3, 2014

Super...what exactly?

Hello there peoples. I was going to say good latish morning to you all, but then I realized that you come from many countries and time zones, and also that you probably will not read this post for at least a couple of hours. Hence the, 'Hello there' because time reliant salutations don't exactly work here,  I'm not clever enough to think of a more exciting greeting without a least a little effort, and I'm not, at the present, inclined to exert myself over such a trifling matter.

As most likely everyone in western civilization knows, yesterday was Superbowl Sunday. But as far as I could see, the only 'Superbowl' was the bowl of a stadium that the players played in. That game was the biggest joke. I'm not one of those casual fans; I love football, yet I was actually waiting for the commercial breaks and was sad when they ended and the game came on. That being said, big congrats to the Seahawks and their fans. The commercials were pretty good this year, though, and that made up for it. The Doritos ones, the turbotax one, the pistachio one, and I could go on and on.

Now for sports in general. I love sports. I love playing them and I love following them. I get why I like playing them, but following them really doesn't make sense to me. I remember 2 years ago my team lost in the Superbowl. I was so depressed that I decided I was done with following sports. It doesn't make sense. One could just as easily go for the team that won as the team that lost. There are good guys and bad guys on every team. They are almost identical in every way except some are better than others; except one wins and all the others lose. It didn't make sense to me that I was physically depressed because a bunch of guys that I don't know who could very well be thugs, lost a game that in the end has no impact on my life and totally unimportant. I didn't stop following sports and I still obsess and it still doesn't make any sense. I think most people have obsessions, though, and only the super mature and reasonable don't. For instance, tons of people are crazy about celebrities and movie stars. They obsess about them and their obsessions lead them to do crazy things sometimes. I never got into that sort of thing. I don't care one way or the other about any celebrities. But I'm crazy about sports....I'm just thankful that I'm not crazy about both.

I was pretty much done with my school by 8 this morning, so be jealous. Actually don't because that means that I got up at 5 something. I think someone put a chip in my head or something because my brain literally sleeps like its on a timer. I usually wake up at 7:30, but I went to bed two hours earlier than I usually do, so I woke up at 5:30. Its weird. And I don't like it. For quite obvious reasons.

Well, I think I'm off for now. I need to find something else to do. Maybe some light training and definitely some reading, hopefully some time with friends. If I get totally bored or something, I might sign in again later. Stay occupied and interested.


-Thomas




Stay occupied to the

4 comments:

  1. You and your frivolous sports followings. Tut tut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I'm such a frivolous person. I makes me feel guilty sometimes. Do you have any recommendations for making me a more serious, even-keeled person?

      Delete
  2. yah it was lame, and I was only there for the commercials after halftime too, but it's so awesome that Peyton got his butt kicked whether or not it was boring to watch. (and if you give up following sports I will kill you)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, its kinda of nice manning didn't win cuz he's spoiled and has a plethora of weapons. (and I don't think you have to worry about that, it doesn't make sense, but most fun things don't, so whatever)

      Delete