I had to start Henry the V for my literature class today, and it took me like 20min to find it. I found almost all his other plays, The Tempest, Midsummer Night's Dream, Othello, you name it. Oh that reminds me. I found 3 copies of Four tragedies: Othello, Hamlet, King Lear, Macbeth. Three stinking copies! As if I didn't hate tragedies enough already. It was frustrating. But, after giving up and moving on, I happened upon Shakespeare's Complete Works. It was neatly tucked in our little living room bookshelf...I had probably walked by it ten times while I was looking for it. Oh well, I guess all's well that ends well. ;)
Ok, there are lots of mysteries in the Catholic faith and I know that they remain mysteries because our stupid human minds can't handle it just yet, but there is something that seems rather paradoxical to me. The smart people probably know the answer to though. ;) It is, that actions that are done in time can effect our the eternal fate of our souls. It just doesn't make sense to me because our eternal lives are, of course, not bound by time. It seems crazy to me that one gang member/killer who gets killed at 25 can go to hell, while a person who was worse, at the same age, than the gang guy, but lived a long life and converted later on goes to heaven. It just seems to me that for some people its just luck whether or not they get into heaven, but I know that's not the case. I suppose God probably gives every person the chance to convert before they die, but the whole thing still doesn't seem quite right to me. As for the whole action in time effecting our eternal fate, I suppose that our actions can decide our fate because our intellect and will are out of time, but its still crazy to think that a spiritual out of time things can be directly influenced by material things. And this is one of the many reasons I'm looking forward to dying...all these mysteries will finally make sense! Don't get me wrong though, I don't want to die right now. I want to live a full and good life, but its gonna be so cool to die.
Sorry that was so scatterbrained, it makes sense in my head, but its so hard to express in writing. Moving on.
I had a really cool dream last night. Dr. Who and I were saving the world. It was the first dream I'd had with Dr. Who in it and it was super exciting! I guess that maybe means I'm officially part of the cult. :P
Ahhh yes the Gettysburg Address. I have to recite it in front of my class tomorrow...not cool, really not cool. Because I still haven't got it down...the last paragraph is still a bit foggy. Its really annoying because there are three consecutive sentences in with the basic context is the same i.e. we need to dedicate ourselves blah blah blah and blah. And I get them all mixed up. Poopydust. Also, have you noticed that Old Abe uses word 'that' about 50 times over the course of the minute and a half long speech? Guess he was personally attached to it. Whatever. Its still an amazing address.
And there are your (late) noon-time news and notes.
Oh I forgot. For all you Catholics out there, its the feast of Our Lady of the Rosary. So if you haven't prayed a rosary today yet, try to do so. Its truly a great and powerful prayer. Today would also be a great day to try to commit to praying the rosary frequently, esp. if you are having a rough time of it right now. Our Lady has pulled through for me so far and that's proof that she'll do so for practically anyone. :D
Ok. I'll shut up now.
-Thomas, who really, really needs to put the pictures from the trip on his computer.....
No comments:
Post a Comment