Sunday, October 13, 2013

Happy Sunday. Beat up, Tired, and Having Tons of Fun.

Yes. Its been more than 24 hours since my last post. So sorry. You know, I really don't know how you survived. =P

Anyway, a lot has happened in those 24+ hours, so fasten your seat belts. I think I'm going to be a  total rebel and tell today's story first. So. Today....

...Was Alumni day for my mom's alma mater. (its also where my dad teaches) It started with a discussion of the short story The Bear. It really wasn't the best. There were some really annoying people that just would not stop talking. There was one point though, where the leader asked a really serious question (why the boy didn't shoot the bear, for those of you who have read it) and I jokingly said it was because it was love at first sight. The funny thing was that the leader was like, "wow no, I think there's really something in that!" I was like, "Ummm ok that's cool." I don't think that it helped that I was scared of her. (the leader) I've seen her butchering chickens...bloody axe raised in hand with blood and feathers flying all over the place. SCARRED. FOR. LIFE. Come to think of it, the discussion actually wasn't that bad I guess, there was just this one girl, who spoke with this all-knowing air and it was super annoying.

Ok. moving on. We played a bunch of sports, hung out a bunch, ate a bunch of food, and had a gigantic bunch of ice cream. There was also this volleyball game that was seriously epic. I don't use that word very often, and I really don't like when its overused, so when I say epic, it means epic. All in all a great day. Ohhh I almost forgot. The beat up part. To sum it up, I've got blood blisters on my feet, gashes in my knee, a sprain in my jaw. The jaw one actually hurts too. I was playing football and my brother threw my the ball, like really really hard. I wasn't expecting that....and so I kind of caught the ball with my face, or, to be more specific, my lower right jaw. I Still caught it, but I don't really think it was worth it. *Phone rings, friend on phone asks if I want to go to a movie, I say yes, we go*
...Ok. back. All I have to say is that what little faith I had in mankind was lost. Seriously. Why is so much time, talent, effort, and money wasted in making such a pointless thing? It was literally the most senseless movie I've ever watched. It was still fun though because my brother was there an he laughs at literally every joke. There is complete silence and then, all of a sudden a, "ahhahahahahheeeehehehehewhooohahahhah" bursts out from his mouth...its just priceless. And there were friends, so it was of course fun. I also saw this poster for this movie that looks really cool and I really want to go see it. Its coming out next month and its title is, The book thief.

Now for yesterday. There was a party and it was super fun. After the party, the ones of us who love Jesus ;) went to do a holy hour. I think it would have been better to do the holy hour and then the party because people were kind of high strung after all the craziness of the party. (It also didn't help that there was a homeless guy snoring his head off in one of the pews. There was, needles to say, a lot of giggling mixed in with our prayers. But the guy I was praying next to, the guy who I would have expected to be one of the more giggly ones, was praying his heart out the whole time. It was so inspiring. Here was this guy who, by the looks of him, one would not want meet alone in an ally, and who is probably the routiest person in our group, but he was totally transformed. It was during this time that one could see who he really is: a truly good person; a person who unconcerned with what people think of him; a person who is concerned with what God thinks of him.

It was so beautiful. It reminds me of something that gets me so mad sometimes: when people judge people by how they look or by their first impression of them. Its so infuriating sometimes. I think one of the reasons that it makes me so mad to see it happen is because I used to do it (and still do every once in awhile. I used to shun everyone who wasn't "cool" You know the drill. The guys who wear their pants up past their belly buttons and the girls who dress like they think its immoral to wear anything lower than a turtleneck. Ok. Maybe that's an exaggeration, but I think you get the point. Anyway. Sometime ago I realized that, even if I didn't agree with their fashion sense, the only really important thing is getting to heaven and a lot of the people that I was judging were probably closer to that than me. That opened my eyes quite a bit and made me try extra hard not to judge people by their appearances. I also found that a lot of "those kind of people" are actually really neat and interesting. And I really respect them for not caring what other think because that my friends, takes guts.

Ok one more little bit. God's sense of humor never ceases to amaze me. I have this wooden rosary that my parents gave me a little while back that I'm really attached to. And, as I was looking at the crucifix during the holy hour, I realized that half of Jesus' right arm was missing. It was such a great moment. :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Ok. its getting late. But Thomas, sleep is for the weak, remember? Whatever. I guess I'm a weakling.

Wishing you a happy holy Sunday!

-Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment