I know autumn officially started already, but to me autumn doesn't really start until October...Halloween, Pumpkins and all that autumn-ish stuff. I think autumn is a great season. The weather gets cooler, which means I can wear sweaters and beanies again; the leaves turn color; (Ok, I know not so much in SoCal. I'm speaking in general terms.) football and hockey seasons startup again; lastly, there is the harvest, which means good food and big dinners. ;) The only negative thing about autumn is that school starts.
Most of you Catholics probably know about the Little Flower, but I think we cannot be reminded enough of the example she gave us. That is because probably most of us will not be martyrs or anything dramatic like that, but rather normal people. That's what the Little Flower was, and she is recognized as one of the Church's greatest saints. She said that the path to sainthood for most of is to "perform ordinary acts with extraordinary love." And that's pretty much It. All we have to do is live life overflowing with God's love. Easier said than done, I know, but at least its simple.
So, in honor of the Little Flower's feast day, why don't all of us (Catholics and non-Catholics alike) perform a random act of love towards someone that we would normally not.
Ok, that's all for now, except for a few notes:
My love's screen is somehow cracked (XP) and we are in the process of getting it fixed. My posts will probably be shorter and maybe fewer in number for the next week or so because I HATE our desktop's keyboard. *cumulative sigh of relief from the audience*
I also have a correction to make in regards to my last post. There are actually 30 grams of whole grains, 6 grams of protein, 6 grams of fiber, and 2.5 grams of fat in the
My Godmother gave me a book this morning and I cant wait to read it. Its a biography of a military chaplain who served in the Korean War, received the Medal of Honor, and the Vatican is reviewing his cause for sainthood. It particularly interests me because right now I think that I'll either get married and be a physical therapist/triathlete, or become a military chaplain. Have no idea which one though...
Now its picture time!
...Since I'm on the desktop, I decided to get the oldest picture of me I could find. I wasn't expecting to find one this old, but there you go.
-Thomas, who is contemplating taking all of our "cereal" to the parish food pantry, or maybe just blowing it all up.
No comments:
Post a Comment