I was walking in from the house and wondering what I was going to write about,and, as I was going to take a shower, I decided to write about how wonderful showers are. It would have been something like this:
"Don't you just love showers? I do. In fact, I think they're one of man's greatest inventions; sharing that distinction with milkshakes, singing in the shower, sandwiches, and pizza ;) I mean, what is better than a shower?...that warm, soothing water pouring down on your tired and aching body after a long day; singing like a rock star; (Seriously, I could dedicate a whole post to singing in the shower...maybe next time.) and then that cozy, soft towel afterward? Its like icing on the cake!"
All in all, I think we can agree (you can disagree if you want to be wrong) that showers are pretty much at the top of the pyramid.
Now you get to know why there was a would and quotation marks...
*Suspense builds*
Ok, I want you to imagine me (I know that's a painful thought to hold...so sorry.) getting home from the beach, keenly anticipating an awesomely warm and musical shower. I then turn the hot water faucet on and, after waiting awhile and multiple tests, the water is still cold. More waiting ensues. Then some tinkering. Then some making sure that the faucet that I turned on was in fact the hot water. Then came a conclusion: the hot water was for some reason not working. A fateful a ominous decision loomed...Should I go the bed all gross and sandy, or should I suck it up, offer it up (*catholic term) and endure a freezing shower. I decided to go with the latter. Instead of hearing my normal angelic ;) singing, anyone in close vicinity would have heard, "whowhoooahhaahhhaaahaawhohahwhoohahahwhoooo" for the duration of the shower. It was painful. And long because my hair is annoyingly thick, so whenever I have a foreign substance, such as sand in it, it takes FOREVER to get out.
And that's why I wasn't inclined to talk about how amazing showers are. Not to take away from warm showers though. They're so great!
Oh and the beach was awesome. The tide was super low. Way lower than the lowest low tide I've ever seen there. And there was almost no surf....but there was a huge sandbar and by walking in place we sunk into the sand almost up to out knees. It was super cool. You could angle your body straight at 45 degrees and it was like you were floating in the air. Then we all sat down (with our legs still sunken) and built little kingdoms out of sand.
Usually my imagination and artistic skills are very minimal, but today was different. I was crazy, but in a different way than normally. First of all there was a wall and on that wall there turrets. On the top of the turrets there were alternating small striped clammy things and seaweed gas bubbles. Then there was a royal palace-temple, ruins, separate buildings for the 1st 2nd 3rd and military classes, a Launchpad for traveling in space, a transport system for inside the kingdom, and a machine that shot convicts into a desert work mine.
I was their "god" but I hadn't revealed myself to them yet, so they worshiped the staple of their diet, sand-crabs. They, the people, were the ones that survived the end of the world and had moved to another planet. The explosion had jogged their mind of religion and that's why theirs was quite primitive. But in everything else they were amazingly developed. The "ruins" of their city were like what we would call ultramodern skyscrapers, while their modern buildings looked a lot like drip-castles...they were architectural marvels. Well, except for the military classes' complex. It just looked like a military complex: boring. Guess some things don't change. ;)
Anyway. I fell in love with it, and had to be torn away from it to play volleyball. Which ended up being really fun...maybe part of it was because our team won both games :D After watching the sunset, we went to In-'N-Out and drove home...good times!
That's all folks...I really should be going to sleep...school tomorrow...grrrr.
-Thomas, who is really not looking forward to tomorrow and who absolutely hates Mondays!
No comments:
Post a Comment