Lying is quite a touchy subject for me to talk about, because I am, I have to admit, an unashamed -over-the-top, liar. It's not like I'm a "big" liar or anything like that, it's just little comments and answers I make and give to people during conversations. I think the official term is "jocose lies" because they're not serious. But I've been thinking about it lately. You see, since they are still in fact lies, they are still evil, even if its just a tiny little bit of evil.
I just can't bring myself to quite though. Its become a part of me. It's second nature now...when I talk with people, its just what happens without any thinking on my part. In a sense, I guess it would almost be a lie for me to stop because I would say things that are true, and my friends think that what I was saying was false and that would be deceptive.
That reminds me. One of the problems with making things up is that when I actually do or see something cool, everyone's like, sure Thomas, whatever you say man. Like I remember a couple of weeks ago I was watching a British TV show and I had seen the building that the main guy's apartment was in while I was in London. I promptly told them so, and they of course didn't believe me.
Come to think of it though, I think I like it that way. I seriously have so much fun convincing people of things. And that's probably why I make things up so much. Its a win-win situation. I always have to convince everyone that what I say is true, whether what I'm at the time saying is true or not. There's something so satisfying about using wit to make someone believe something....its just....ahhhhhhhh.
If only jocose lies weren't bad. I don't think I would ever have a depressing day again. Not that I get depressed because of my jocose lies, its just that it would make me so happy. I think I would die.
Anyway. I guess its not all that bad. I mean, I could probably have a lot worse habits and I'm so thankful that that's the worst I have. Plus, I'll probably grow out of it. ;)
That's Queen Victoria. Judging from her appearance and history, I doubt she would approve of me...oh well....but who cares? She's dead.
Ok. Bye now. And remember, lying is bad!...except if you're me. =P
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. My wonderful, all-knowing dad fixed my
-Thomas, who "is torn in two by the desire to stay and the necessity to go."
PS. If you know that quote, you just got some positive points! I don't know what they are, but they're positive and you got'em. And the quote doesn't exactly fit, but I love it, so who cares?
No comments:
Post a Comment