Thursday, October 24, 2013

Its Been Too Long...

And I really have nothing too say. So we'll see where this goes I guess.

I went to see an operetta last night. The production was 'different' but I think I liked it. All of the cast were good, but there was this one guy who was absolutely amazing and I think his performance sold the rest of it to me. Oh, and that reminds me. Singing. I sang pretty much the whole way home ans when I wasn't singing I was making up these insane stories. If you are reading this were happened to be in that car, I give you my condolences...I was a bit hyper.

Today I got an awesome surprise. This morning, while I was slaving away at my physics, I heard a knock on the door. So I went to open the door and there, standing in front of me on the door step, was one of the persons I had least expected to see. A wonderful priest who before he was assigned to Alaska, had acted as my spiritual adviser and was a great family friend. He is one of the few people that I have met where you just know you are in the presence of a saint when you're around him. He is truly an amazing person. I could go on and on about his virtues, but the virtue that really stands out to me is his humility. I cant really explain it well. But a good example of it is when he was assigned to Alaska. I mean, here he was, living in Socal, which is one of the best and most sought after places in the world to live, and then his superior calls him up and tells him that he is leaving for Alaska within months. Freaking Alaska! I mean, if that happened to me, I would be like "What? That place where the sun is almost non-existent for half of the year. Am I supposed to preach to the Caribou? No sir, if you send me there, I quit!" Ok, not really. But Fr. took it so well, always lovingly trusting in God. All I can say is he is an inspiration.


What else is going on....
I was just on YouTube and this trailer for the next Captain America movie popped up, which reminded me that the next Thor is coming out in like 3 weeks. You seriously have no idea. Chris Hemsworth is my man. His triceps are just amazing. His accent is amazing. (You know his voice in Thor is pretty much his normal everyday one.) He pretty much is a god for all I care, and he seems to be a pretty decent guy in real life as well. Ok. I'm gonna stop now.
  
I'm super excited for this dance that I'm going to on Sat. I have a really cool costume idea, but its also really hard to make, so we'll see if it works out.

I read this book for a seminar that's going on tomorrow and the main character was a detective /poet. I had never come across that before and really enjoyed the book, which was nice because I wasn't expecting to.

I have a really weird cramp in my hand, so this post is going to come to an abrupt halt.

"But Thomas, why don't you just type wit your other hand?"
"Hah, very funny! Not!" =P

Anyway. Talk to you later!

-Thomas


 

No comments:

Post a Comment