Sunday, November 3, 2013

Facing the Approaching Doom.

Today is my last day of freedom. Tomorrow I start training up again...

Goodbye, cozying in my blankets in the morning because I just don't want to get up quite yet.
Hello dragging myself out of bed before the sun is up and running miles and miles alone.

Goodbye, relaxing afternoons, playing volleyball and hanging out with friends.
Hello to sitting on a stationary whilst sweating like a pig and spiking one's heart rate to 200.

Goodbye, late parties.
Hello, going to sleep early.

Goodbye, being able to relax comfortably.
Hello, aching joints, muscles, and tendons.

Goodbye, Ice Cream.
Hello, disgusting protein shakes.

Goodbye, all sweets.
Hello, fruits and veggies.

Goodbye, laziness.
Hello, discipline.

Ok. As you can see, I like complaining. I actually am excited to start everything up again. Why? You ask. Well, I think it mainly has to do with the fact that I am an insane person. Morning runs are probably my favorite part of training actually. After one gets past the getting up part and gets into a rhythm, they are really nice. Its just you and nature: everything is so quiet and peaceful its just ahhh. Oh, and did I mention the sunrise? How it makes the dew on the hills sparkle like diamonds? How everything is so crisp and fresh, its like taking a bite out of a cool, perfect apple, and how it refreshes you like no other? In case you hadn't noticed, I am a fan.

And that, believe it or not, is one of many perks one gets when in training and at no other time.

So here's to the start of training! Please, if you can spare a moment, say a quick prayer that I stay healthy this season--it would be greatly appreciated!!!

Happy Sunday!

-Thomas, who is loving daylight saving time right about now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment