Thursday, November 7, 2013
God's Justice and Writing Style.
Have you ever experienced something that makes you think, wow that's God's justice right there!? I love those moments. Its just so nice to actually see justice at work because usually that all happens after we die. I think God shows us his justice every once in awhile so that we know that its actually there. I mean, sometimes it does seem that the 'bad' guys always come out on top, and he gives us these little moments, or sneak peaks, to let us know that all the wrong will, in the end, be righted.
So, why am I bringing this up? Well, as it turns out, I've experienced two of these 'sneak peaks' recently and they have been hilariously funny. I already told you about the one when my little brother pretended to be sick and promptly got sick on Halloween a couple of days later. But the other one concerns my big little brother. (the one who obliterated his bed) Please set your time clocks to last Sun. Do you remember me talking about how he and one of my friends wrote some embarrassing stuffs on the back of my shirt? Well. Ahhhh this is so amazing on so many levels. Yesterday he stole one of my shirts. Again. And it just happened to be the very same white polo that he had mischievously written on 3 days before and I just happened to not have done laundry since Sun. Fast forward an hour after he puts on the shirt and its 7:30 in the morning. He is arriving at his classy tutoring center in Santa Barbara. His clinician sees his shirt and asks him, Why do you have hearts and the name of a girl scribbled in chalk all over the back of your shirt? Ahhh! You have no idea how much I would have paid to be a fly on the wall at that moment! Anyway. My brother blames it on me, saying I'm weird and was messing around with my girlfriend. I seriously cant wait for justice to be done for that fat lie. But I might have to wait till he dies. Isn't that just great though? He got embarrassed for the writing that he wrote and for stealing one of my shirts. Again. It was pretty amazing.
And now for a short blurb and writing style. I'm reading The Vicar of Wakefield for school right now and its not awful, but I don't like it at all. The author tells the story from the point of the father of the family that the story revolves around and its just awful. You feel so detached from the characters. They feel like zombies. They never display emotion so you never are emotionally attached to them. When I read a book, I want the characters to come alive. I want to love or hate them. Passionately. And this author's particular style is so dead its just annoying. So, if there are any perspective authors out there, make sure to have your characters human, relatable, personable, and alive because if you don't, then I wont like your books. And that's all that matters, right? =P
I need to sign off now and do my school.
Have a good one!
-Thomas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment