Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Randocity.



And I know that's not an official word, but its so much more fun to make up one's own.


Today's post is mostly going to be about brilliant ideas that don't turn out being quite as brilliant as previously thought. (at least that's the plan at the present moment)


Before I get started into the meat of the post, last night something happened that was most un-fortuitous. I brushed my teeth. Not normally a bad thing, but it is when one's *beautiful, caring, loving little monster of a sister has decided to put soap all over one's toothbrush without one's knowledge. Lets just say it wasn't the best tasting brushing session.

 
For example: Last night I had what I thought was a brilliant idea. My parents and I were doing the dishes and that particular occupation was not, at that time, exactly the one I wanted. So I went upstairs. Or, to put it roughly, I ditched. Now I knew there were two possible scenarios. My mom and dad would either, a) ignore the fact that I wasn't there and pleasantly finish the dishes together, or b) realize that I had left them to do the dishes by themselves and not be overly happy. I was betting on the latter, but I thought it was a win-win situation because I thought if I made some joke about how I left because they were getting too romantic for me or something like that, everything would be good and we would all return to the kitchen in a good mood, with me missing the last ten minutes or so of work time.  But the problem was that instead of my dad being not overly happy, he was overly unhappy. So the confrontation was a little more sticky than I thought I was going to be and I think that I rightfully thought that a crack about him and mom being overly mushy would not have gone over very well. It was instead just a plain old sorry--my scheme had collapsed and my brother and I went to finish the dishes by ourselves--we were not in the best of moods either. ;)

Other examples include: playing a prank on a sibling and having one's parent walk into it instead of the desired victim, playing a prank on one's parent, and last but not least, setting up a booby-trap and then forgetting about it and booby-trapping oneself.

None of the situations in this post have good endings, so its appropriate that this post not have one as well.

Goodb--------


*denotes sarcasm





No comments:

Post a Comment