So. I was signed up for a meet. (or so I thought) You see, when I got to swim team last night, my coach told me that she hadn't gotten the email I sent her telling her I wanted to go. And because of that I wasn't signed up. Which meant that I couldn't swim. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal. But, as it turned out, it was the last meet my coach was going to be there for (she is quitting at he end of the month) and that was the only reason I was doing it....I don't usually do them because I'm either training or racing or having fun on the weekends. Anyway. I was bummed.....so much for sentimentality.
But then at 7 o'clock in the morning my coach called my mom and told her that she had pulled some strings and got me in. So, I was pulled out of bed by my ears and I then went to the meet. Fast forward to me looking at the results board before my first event. I see "Cain, Thomas A., Heat 2, Lane 4, Age:17" After seeing that, my eyes roll up and down the rest of the sheet of paper and I see the ages of the other swimmers in my heat. "Age: 10" "Age:12" "Age:15" "Age:13" "11"....Say Whaaaaaaaaaat? So. My coach hadn't told me that I was racing against a bunch of, well, 10 year olds. You have no idea how bad it was. There I was up on the block, almost twice the size of the person next to me. It was awkward. Then I get in and it gets more awkward be cause I win by about a length. Then, when I get out, it gets even worse because all the 10-12 year old girls think I'm amazing and look at me as if I'm some sort of god. Yeah, not the best. So. Bottom line: I look good when I'm racing people half my size. I did two other events later though and there were people that were my age. So that was cool. I usually hate the 100 breast, but today it was fun because it was a really good race. I think everyone was within a body length. (I didn't win)
The definite highlight of the day was the t-shirt relay. (a 50 free relay and each team gets a t-shirt that they have to wear while swimming each leg....the transfer can interesting) It was so much fun. Our team was totally amazing! Here are some pictures to prove it:

Our team.
The rest of us.
Our group seriously has too much fun. Its just nuts. Oh, and now you can see why I think we should change the name from "Heritage Valley Aquatics" to "Heritage Valley Daycare" There are so many tiny kids and almost no older people. I mean, little kids are great, but sometimes I feel like an awkward, out of place giant. Its all good though.
As for the rest of my life, this pretty much sums up where I'm at and what I'm feeling and my sense of what I'm supposed to be doing:
So. Pretty much I'm confused. But that's fine because that's pretty much my normal state. =P
-Thomas, who literally ate a half a container of Ice Cream while putting together this post...it was so good, he feelz so sick now. So much for healthy eating. You know what? He thinks that that is the last unhealthy splurge he's going to have for long, long time. Lets see how long he can last. Anyone have any guesses?
....You know, being a third person is waaaaaaaaaay better than the first....even Jesus says so. So Hah!
K. Shutting up now.
BBye!
No comments:
Post a Comment