Monday, November 25, 2013

Sick day and blurb on being lost.


So. I'm Sick today as well. All I can say is, oh bother! After sleeping in, I had breakfast and then decided that I was going to have a read-a-thon. Then I searched for the book I was planning on reading for about 45min. Its part of a trilogy, and I have to read it for this seminar. Anyway. I think I probably could have built a veritable palace out of the books that I found by the author of the book I was looking for. I must have found...well, I don't know, a lot, including at least one copy of each of the other two books of the trilogy. I would been frustrated even if I wasn't sick, but my general feeling of doziness bitter anguish, coupled with not being able to find the book was not cool.
I seriously hate the name Clive Staples Lewis (he must have had seriously evil parents or ancestors somewhere down the line...Clive Staples...seriously?) now and I never want to see it again unless the magic words, Out of the Silent Planet are either above, below, or next to it. Big fan of his stuff though, and I don't blame him for using his initials.


After awhile of searching, I collapsed on mah bed as I was exhausted in mind, body, and spirit and this desperate question came to me: How can one find if there is nowhere left to look?
Then I thought that my searching for that book is a lot like life sometimes: you feel like you've been everywhere and tried everything and you just want to roll over and die.  But then, (if you let him) Jesus comes and picks you up and everything is better. The result was this highly unoriginal blurb:



When All Seems Lost.
 
By Me.


When all the roads seem tangled,
When no end seems in sight,
When all hopes seem strangled,
When life seems a dark night.
 
When all there is are dead ends,
When one is scared, affright,
When life is endless pits and bends,
When all is the left, not right.
 
When there is nowhere left to hide,
When one cannot hope to fight,
When the Earth and mighty Sun collide,
When the pain your heart bites.
 
Then is the time to turn to the Lord,
Then is for him to set all aright,
To mend the breach, to man the ford,
To bring life unto a brilliant light.
 
And when all is said and done,
Thanks be to God the Father, God the Son,
Thanks be to God the Holy Spirit,
Three in,
 One.
 
 
 
Ya'know it probably would have been better if I hadn't given the backstory and then you would have thought I was going through some kind of life crisis, but I've told you once and I've told you twice and now I'm going to tell you again, my life is boring. Probably the most exciting thing that happens is that I get sick. A loooottttt. I am so over it. Why? And that's usually about the most drama you will get out of me. There are some special occasions though. ;)
 
 
Well, I hope you are having a great week so far and that it continues to be so!
 
 
-Thomas, who is still waiting for his brilliant light to show up i. e. Out of the Silent Planet.
 
 
Oh, and did I mention that the Patriots are totally freaking awesome? Take that Payton Manning!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment