Saturday, February 1, 2014

Cowering in fear.

Here I am sprawling on the couch. To the casual eye everything would seem normal, even tranquil. The morning sun is streaming through the windows, my little sister is in the next room eating an inordinate amount of cereal, and everything seems perfectly fine. But then one might notice that every once in awhile I have a slight tremor, and it is not due to the cold. There is tension in the air. If one were to see inside me, one would see my heart going, a-thumpa-thumpa-thwack, a-thumpa-thumpa-thwack. If one could read my thoughts, one would sense an ever-brewing fear, and also the words, Thomas, don't hurt yourself.

Yesterday I did probably the stupidest thing I've ever done. And my hip is bearing the consequences. You see, I was going to a friend's house at 2:30, but I didn't finish my chores in time to have time to walk. Naturally, I asked my mom for a ride, and naturally she was too busy to. She told me to run, but I wasn't feeling very good at the time so I for some reason decided to try an experiment.

The experiment was a cross between rollerblading and running. So I tried rollerblading with one rollerblade. Down hill.  It was kind of like a scooter, except your foot was permanently attached to it, there was no handle, and no brake. Everything went more smoothly than I probably should have expected, all things considered. That is, till I literally had 30 feet left before my trippy experiment was to be over. At which point I forgot that I didn't have skate on my right foot, planted it on the ground, and very soon afterword found that I was planted in/on the concrete with a searing pain in my hip. It was literally from 90 degrees to 0 in half a second. So kids. The lesson for today is that two is usually better than one, especially when arms and rollerblades are concerned. And for our extra point today: when wheels are used, having brakes is generally a good idea.

Those words that keep resonating in mind are the last words my mom has spoken to me. They were spoken to me yesterday as I walked out the door. I was gone till 11:30 last night and she is at church right now, so she doesn't know what happened. I was actually kind of scared because I could hardly walk yesterday and it was super painful, but I'm pretty sure its just a bruise because its feeling better this morning. Still I'm scared for a different reason now. My mom is not going to be a happy camper when she finds out about this. I'm not looking forward to telling her and hence the fear.

When I got home last night I had to do my nose ritual, which is pretty much just me squirting distilled water and saline up my nose. I was just about to do it when I saw that the jug of distilled water had run out, so I went outside to get a new one. I had drink of it before I filled up the squirter thing, and it was great. Ice cold and refreshing! I was so happy. Until I remembered that that I next had to squirt said 'refreshing' water up my nose. Now, one's nose is probably one of the most sensitive areas of one's body. It is therefore unpleasant to squirt even room temperature water up it. All I'm going to say is that it was painful and that my eyes may or may not have teared-up.

Oh, and yesterday I found out I was dating someone....you learn something new everyday. No, not really, its just some people thought I was dating this girl. Apperently because I play foosball with her?....People get the strangest ideas sometimes.

See around....or not.

-Thomas

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I think it had more to do with her brother and their teacher or something. I didn't really get it.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I don't either. But you know, those foosball games get pretty intense...=P
      I think I'm going to invite myself over one of these days...I really want to beat you. :D And know its just a dream, but everything's about chasing one's dreams these days. XD

      Delete
    3. Dream on. Totally invite yourself over!
      My tutor just walked in...you know where all these juicy rumors started?...so I guess that's my queue to get off :)

      Delete