I just finished IT, and since I've already probably bored you to death talking about IT, all I'm going to say is that IT was practically perfect in every way and IT made my chest go all flittery-fluttery. No but really, IT did move me.
So. Last night I went for a late night run because my mom told me to. There is a hill by my house that overlooks our whole town, so I went to the top and sat down on this public lawn thing that's at the top for awhile. It was so calm, beautiful, and peaceful that I just kind of wanted to stay there forever. If I had brought a phone I would have called my parents and asked if I could sleep there. But I had to get going so they wouldn't become worried. It was a shame because there were clouds that were illuminated by the moonlight, and at one point there was a break in the clouds, letting a bright shaft of milky-clear light touch the hill on the other side of our valley. On the way home I hade to stop like 4 times because my left shoe kept coming untied. It was annoying.
When I got home, I was going to go finish IT, but my sister came inside to talk about wedding plans and her fiancé. So I naturally joined the conversation. It was kind of a bore. She was going on and on about invitations, how her kitchen was going to be orange, getting tapestries for her apartment, and wedding photography. She seems to like color and modern stuff while her fiancé likes more classic stuff. She wanted these weird wedding invitations, and he didn't like them, he wanted traditional black and white. And she said, 'Why live in black and white when you can live in color?' Then I told her that black and white was more classy and she said that she didn't care. She has this habit of not ever listening to what I say, but then again, I make a habit of never listening to what she says, so I guess we're even.
She did surprisingly say something that was tolerably interesting, so I suppose I'll share it with you.* It was about why people wear white dresses. I kind of assumed that it had always been that way, but I guess I was wrong. Can you guess who started the universal tend? She was a queen. Of England. Yeah, that's right, Queen Victoria wore a white wedding dress, and since she was so awesome and everyone wanted to be like her, it became the norm. Who would have though it?
Then I had an hour and a half conversation with my friend, (don't get me started, my record is 5 and 1/2) and then I went to bed.
This morning I got up to get dressed for mass, but we didn't go. I found some amazing pants, though. I think my mom bought them for me but I dismissed them as 'old fashioned' in my too cool for school days. Anyway. They look Caribbean. And by Caribbean, I mean they look like a Cuban drug cartel lord's pants. I think I kind of like them. They would work better in someone who's legs were less like matches and more like fat German sausage links, though. The word that best describes them is: billowy. There are many pluses to them. For instance, if I ever was to get shipwrecked in the Caribbean, I could use them as a sail for my raft. I think they would work quite well for that purpose....There would be the slight problem of me not having pants anymore, but desperate times call for desperate measures. At least that's what they say. And a note of caution: if you ever see me wearing the afore mentioned trousers, be careful not to laugh, because if you do, you might find el cartel after you. *evil laugh*
Ok, time to go to mass.
TTYL
-Thomas
*This whole section was written for the sole purpose of annoying her because I know she reads this....am I not a wonderful brother? :D
No comments:
Post a Comment