Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Keeping my word: commas.

I was scrolling down an awesome, but slightly bizarre conversation I had with someone a few months ago on another blog. (I still cant believe its been as long as its been.) Anyway. It was right when I was starting my blog, and we were talking about commas. More precisely about how much we love commas. We even talked about having a comma themed party--how's that for nerdy? I also said that I was going to dedicate a post to commas because I think they're underappreciated. I had kind of forgotten about it. So here I am, months later, dedicating a post to commas.

Dear commas,

I honestly don't know what I would do without you. My writing is littered with what some people would call 'unnecessary' or even 'problematic' members of your family. But I want you all to know that I think all of you are awesome and have worth, no matter what your situation or place in sentence. And now I will make a moment of silence your brothers and sisters who have been mercilessly axed by Grammar and Writing teachers around the world. *brief moment of silence*  
I hope that our relationship continues to blossom till the end of time. To commas everywhere!

 Oh, and I got steroids to squirt up my nose today,* in addition to the saline and silver solutions.

Ok, now that I've sufficiently weirded y'all out, I think I'll go take some dinner.

-Thomas

*After we get it registered with the ITU and have gotten a medical exception note.

No comments:

Post a Comment