Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Getting excited.

So. Yesterday I went to the pool and chatted with our swim team's new head coach. Part of the time we just talked about getting certified and all that boring stuff, but most of the time we were talking about the direction we want the team to go in. All I can say is, I'm super excited. When I first joined this particular swim team 7 years ago, it was fun. Like, actually sorta fun. And it was fun, partly because we were good, and partly because we had water polo pizza nights, parties, swim-a-thons, and overall there just seemed to be more of a team spirit. In the past 3-4 years it has gotten really boring, though. We never really did anything new, or fun. And it got quite monotonous. Needless to say, lots of people quit and the team is at the lowest point I've ever seen it. Why am I excited then? Well, if everything goes to plan, this thing is going to be awesome. We're talking separate track and dry land workouts, pizza/movie nights, a mascot, beach days, pier swims, bringing the swim-a-thon back, water polo nights, family BBQs, an actual water polo team, team meets, and most importantly, more structure to the groups so everyone gets more attention. Really anything to make it more of a team sport. Because ultimately that's what sports are about: bringing communities together through common interest. Anyway. In case you haven't already noticed, I'm really excited about this. Hopefully it all works out.

Ah, I'm having an inner struggle with myself right now because there's a container of peppermint bark on the table next to me that seems to be calling me to it.....WILL NOT BREAK DOWN....oh but just think about that silky-smooth chocolate with crunchy peppermint bits to top it off, its practically heaven....NO, I WONT DO IT, NO MATTER GOOD IT IS, THEY WONT OVERPOWER ME!....ahhhh but Thomas, just one tiny-winey piece wont do any harm and then another, and another, and another. NEVER!!!!!!!!! Ok now I'm just torturing myself, so I think I'll stop.

Oh, and last night one of my friends and I somehow got into a late night insult contest. And the last insult she sent me was probably longer than any blog post I've ever done. It would have been impressive, 'cept for the fact that it was counterfeit and she didn't even write it. She got it off the internet. Lame. Anyway, it was actually really funny because she didn't read the whole thing before she sent it to me, and one of the lines was, "You are a disease, you puerile one-handed..." I literally laughed out loud. It was so wrongly perfect and she had no idea.....

Ok, bye for now.

-Thomas, who pretty much is a walking disease at this point...XD

No comments:

Post a Comment