Yeah, so yesterday was about as non-stop as it gets. I was doing something from 7 in the morning till 9:30 last night. Yesterday was also the first day of classes this semester for me. They went about as well as could possibly be expected, seeing as I have to do all of my homework (40 pages of a complicated and archaically written history text) in 20 min. It was crazy. And it was that way because I underwent a series of unfortunate events yesterday morning. We went at seven to get my blood drawn, but they needed to verify what the doctor wanted and his office didn't open till 9. So that didn't work. Then it was off to Thousand Oaks for a CAT scan. It took us an hour and a half to get there because there was a huge car crash on the 126. Once we were done with that, it was back to Santa Paula to get the blood drawn. There was an hour of waiting time before I got in. So by the time I got home it was a half hour before my class started and I still needed lunch.
After classes I had to take probably the most retarded online course in existence because I'm helping out at swim team now. After finishing the course, I came late to swim to tell the head coach that it had all worked and that I had completed the course. Then suddenly I was telling (or trying to) 15 little kids what to do. I hadn't expected I was going to start yesterday, so I was kind of winging it, but it all went fine I think.
Then it was youth group. For the first time in about a month (we took a break for Christmas) and I realized that it has spanned across 3 years already. It seems crazy. It was also one of the times I was ashamed to be a guy. There are a couple people who are just so....I don't know even know how to explain it. These are some of my best friends and I love 'em, but they just don't seem to get that there are times when craziness is good, and there are times when seriousness is good. It bothers me that the leaders put effort into something for our good: they don't have to do what they are doing and people just shrug it off, don't listen, and even wreck it for others. And I totally get an occasional giggle or an off day where you are just totally hyper and there is nothing you can do about it. Pretty much everyone gets those every once in awhile. But this is pretty much constant attention hoarding thoughtlessness and rambunctiousness. Its getting old and I wonder how much more the leaders will put up with. Seriously guys, can we try to put on a pretense of a smidgen of common courtesy, if only for an hour and a half? Can we make being a guy something to be proud of, rather than an embarrassment? Lets do this peoples!
In other news, I secured a place for our high school group to stay in SF during the Walk 4life weekend. We are still planning things, but its looking like its going to be an amazing trip, if I can say so myself.
Weeeeelllll, I guess I'll seeing you later.
Bye.
-Thomas
No comments:
Post a Comment