Sunday, January 12, 2014

"Not cool."

So if certain things hadn't happened, I would be discussing literature and having a pizza right now with my friends. But things did happen. More specifically, both my mom and dad got sick. Yeah, that was a bummer. For both reasons.

Things were looking better, though. I was at a friends house playing cards. I don't know why, but everything seemed so nice and cozy. Maybe it was the hot chocolate. In any case, it was a nice way to spend my last evening of freedom before school. Yes, my fellow conspirators, school, the arch-enemy of all students, is almost upon me. It hangs above me like a giant water balloon that is suspended over me and is about to be harpooned. I see it coming but I am a split second too late. I should have ran off to Nebraska and carried out my awesome plan. Alas! School is inevitable now. Not cool. Back to nooice and cozy. We were going to have dinner. But then the phone rang and it sent a chill through my bosom. That sound, that dreaded, awful noise, had come. It mocked my fun with its nonchalant and simple ringing. I  was to come home at once. I couldn't even finish the game I was playing. I was not happy. There wasn't even a good reason for it. All it made for was an uncomfortable situation. I really not happy when I started this post, but now everything is fine again. Its not good because I now my friends are hanging out and I cant be with them. Its fine though. Because its so much fun to write; to get worked up about the writing, but in a good way; to visualize and use crazy words; to be able to do whatever you want. Its freedom. And its cool. And now I doing ok.

This is going to be short, so with all that extra free time you can get a movie order recommendation. Yesterday I watched a movie with my mom...it was so emotional and touching. It was beautiful. And it was extremely sad. The title is, The Boy in The Striped Pajamas and its on Netflix. So watch it. If you do, don't get caught up with technicalities because its not exactly accurate war-wise. Just take in the story, the emotions, and the lessons because the are all well worth it. And if you don't at least tear up, you've got something majorly wrong with your heart--compassion is what sets us apart from the rest of creation.*

Bye foe now,

-Thomas  

*I know that's not entirely true, but compassion is a solely human phenomenon and it sounded good....like I was saying, technicalities are overrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment