Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Girls and Guys.

I'm sure you all remember being a little kid, having a band of buddies, and getting into arguments (if you can call them that) with another such band of the opposite sex about how boys are better than girls, or vice versa. In fact, these arguments continue to pop up in my group of friends. They are, however, much less frequent and (I hope) more of a joking tribute to the bygone battles of our childhood than anything else.

These 'arguments' were never rational, though, and so the question remains. Which is better. A guy or a girl? Well, I don't know the answer for sure, but I'll list the 3 possible answers in order of likelihood. First, that man and woman are equally good, just in different ways. Second, that woman are better. And third, that men are better.

The thing is, though, the more I think of it, the more I think woman are, on the whole, a lot better off than men. It would make sense too. Cant you just see God after he created Adam....'Ohhh well that didn't turn out exactly right. That human is much too controlled by his passions, not very beautiful, and it pretty low on common sense. I guess its time for take two.' The result of 'take two' was Eve. A more beautiful and even-emotioned (and I mean real emotions and not the general perception of 'emotional') person; a person less like an animal and more like God.

That being said, I know both men and woman have strengths and weaknesses both physically and spiritually. I don't know why, but it just seems like girls are less easily truly bad people. And I have no idea where I'm going with this now. It all seemed so good up here and now that its been morphed from thoughts into written sentences, it seems like its going everywhere and nowhere all at once. Ugh!

Anyway, on a not totally unrelated subject, the other day I was driving with my sister and she said that I was pretty much a girl. She was joking and it wasn't meant to be mean. She was referring to the fact that I like "girly" stuff. I like Jane Austen and other romantic novels.  I not only read such books, but I watch mini-series editions of them and really like lots of them. I like what some would consider to be girly music (don't worry, its not 1D...just generally more soft). But is there a problem with that? I don't think so. Romantic 'girly' novels are about humans and their emotions, how people interact. They are not only heartwarming; they not only help illustrate and illuminate the mystery that is the human soul, they teach us about ourselves and provide priceless lessons. Man is the most polarizing and captivating piece in man's world, so what could be more interesting than to learn about how he operates? I think its sad that these books have been stereotyped. They aren't girly books, they aren't boy-ish books, they are HUMAN books. And just because more girls have the sense to see their worth doesn't change that.

I mean seriously, do you think its a coincidence that girls normally have a better understanding of the people around them than guys are? I don't think so. Girls always know what we guys are up to, and we guys are totally clueless and oblivious. I think that it somewhat has to do with the fact that girls are just created differently, but that it also has to do with the fact that they know and appreciate an important aspect of humanity that us guys, more often than not, simply don't. So. I'm really not girly. I'm human. I love bro time, and I like doing the stupid crazy things that guys do. But I also see the good in some "girly" things, so I like them too. I don't think its crazy, and I'm not ashamed of it.


Well, I guess that's all for today peoples. I'm still sick and the sky is still up and I have no idea what the heck I'm doing right now, but whatever. I have God, so everything is good. Oh but I did get a new toy...an inhaler. Yeah, they think I might have sports induced asthma. I seriously doubt it, but if that's my problem, I'd be so happy because a quick, easy fix, and everything would be good again. In the meantime, I have a cough and head cold, too, so everything is stuffed up. But like I said, life is good!

Take care y'all, and don't get run over by a trash truck, cuz I don't think that would be overly pleasant.
(sorry, I don't know where that came from.....see above section on stuffed up everything)

-Thomas



No comments:

Post a Comment