Hmmm. I have a lot of catching up to do and I don't know exactly where to start. I guess I'll get this thing kicked off by clearing up the getting fired rant that I went on a few days back. As you probably guessed, I didn't get fired. I didn't even really get laid off. There was a problem with me being a minor, so I have to wait till Sept. until I can coach. No big deal. In fact, I think my head coach was more mad about it than I was.
Anyway. On Sat. night we had a seminar at our house. It was good, the people were good, and (most importantly) the pizza was good. I was exhausted and not feeling too well, though, so that part wasn't so fun.
Then came yesterday. The day of fate. It started off with church, which was followed immediately by a basketball game. I got to see my friends get butchered again. It was painful. Especially because one of them hurt his ankle. It wasn't cool. They are like way smaller than all the other teams, in numbers and in actual size. There was this guy on the other team who looked like a bear. His arms were literally the size of my thighs. It was gross and unfair. But they put up a good fight. We all went out to lunch afterward and that at least was fun.
The basketball game was followed by a football game....if you care about football at all, you'll know which game I mean, and if you don't then you wont, which is fine. *insert last night's post* (don't want to have to put you through that again)
Thankfully there was something going on last night capable of distracting the anguish I was feeling after the loss. A dance. It was really crazy and fun. Plus, I learned (and made up) some waltz moves, so that was cool. I love waltzing; its so--I don't know--beautiful or something. We didn't get home till pretty late and I was definitely ready for bed.
Oh look, we're already at this morning. One word: exhausted. I started out by reading my daily portion of Emma. And I could barely get through it because I am that tired. I would read for a few minutes and then just collapse and sprawl motionless on the couch in hibernation until I felt I had the strength to support my head, my eyelids, and the book itself. Which is pretty much how this post is being written as well.
But something really did strike me when I was reading. More particularly, a word. The word is, 'plain.' It was the way of saying 'unattractive' or 'ugly' back then. What struck me was how much nicer that is than our present adjectives that are used to describe someone who is not seen as attractive. our present day ones are so degrading and belittling, its just sad. I think we should bring 'plain' back.
Well, I was going to keep going on about beauty and stuffs, but I have to go to church, so y'all are spared. Be thankful. ;)
Adios.
-Thomas
No comments:
Post a Comment