Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Phew!

Guess what guys? The doctor actually found something materially wrong with me! I no longer have some mysterious phantom problem that no one can put a name to. The results of the CAT scan came in and he was right. I have a chronic sinus infection. I've already started treatment for it (a month-long course of hardcore antibiotics) and I should be feeling better within a couple of weeks. They are running a bunch of blood tests to make sure nothing additional is wrong and I'll know for sure in the next few days. But guys. THIS IS SO EXCITING! I'm not going to be sick anymore! I've almost forgotten what is feels like to feel good. Its going to be like getting reborn. I"M GOING TO BE ABLE TO DO STUFF AGAIN! TO GET ON WITH MY LIFE! I'M SO INCREDIBLY HAPPY! IT FEELS LIKE A PARTY IS IN ORDER OR SOMETHING. ITS JUST AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Ok probably enough caps for the present. I just wish everyone could be as happy as I am right now. Its such an amazing, peaceful feeling.

I started reading Emma today for school today, so I cant complain. Its actually the first time for me. I mean, I know the story and everything because I've seen TV and movie versions, but its the first actual read through I've done. All I have left for my literature class is: finish Emma, write a paper, read the C.S. Lewis Space Trilogy, write another paper, (plus random poetry thrown in every once in awhile) and then I'm done. It seems so close. And all the reading is super fun, so everything is going to fly by.

I also had to read some of The Federalists Papers today, and they are a pretty tough read. The crazy thing is that they were published in newspapers. Or in other words, your average decently educated townsman could read them with understanding. This is just a guess, but I would say that between 85 and 95% of the grown American population couldn't read them with even any pretense of understanding. They say we are so advanced and yet 90% of the high school grads in inner NYC are illiterate. I really don't think that that fact and "advanced" go hand in hand. PEOPLE ACTUALLY USED TO LEARN THINGS, guys.

I also just got invited to go to a swim camp at the OTC (Olympic training center)  in Colorado Springs, which is  pretty exciting. I've gone to the Chula Vista OTC before, but I missed the last camp at Colorado springs because I was working at a summer camp at the time. Going to an OTC is an awesome experience and if you're lucky lots of big time athletes are there at the same time. So it should be fun. Last time I went, I was a newbie and it was right after Easter. I had bought like 4 bags of NERD jelly beans. So I naturally brought them to the camp....while everyone else was taking their nutrition bars and protein shots, there I was, watching TV and downing jelly beans. It was glorious. Until I got sick.  They became part of my legacy...people still crack jokes about my infamous jelly beans.

The other half of my "legacy" was that I was always forgetting things. It got bad. And hilarious. One day went out to ride a race course on our bikes. It was going to be awesome. Everyone had made sure they had brought everything and we were getting on our bikes when....I discovered I had forgotten my cleats. So I had to chill with the support team eating Kettle chips...it was rough.  The next day we had to get up at 5:30 and head to the pool for a workout. After making sure I brought my swimsuit and a dozy ride over, I found myself in the locker room getting dressed. I was joking with the elder statesmen of the team about the previous day's cleats incident, when, as I reached into my bag and took my suit out, I said "Well, at least I didn't forget my swimsuit" Then to my horror, I saw that the piece of black spandex that was hanging from my until-then-triumphant hand, was a running shirt and most definitely not my suit. In my defense, it was dark when I got up and because I didn't want to wake my roommate up, I didn't turn the light on. It wouldn't have gone more perfectly wrong if it had been scripted. Let's just say it was a moment I will never forget.

Night night, sleep tight, and don't let the bedbugs bite.

-Thomas

2 comments:

  1. dude! you're not going to die!!! thats pretty freaking awesome! and yes we should have a party, because parties are awesome and...... yeah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I think its pretty freaking awesome too. ;) ikr why plain live when you can party?

    ReplyDelete