Sunday, January 5, 2014

It's been too long. Too, too long.

Phew! Things have been crazy these past couple days. Let me start with yesterday. Well, actually yesterday morning because it was the highlight of the day. I went to the grocery store with my mom and I bought some gum. Pretty awesome, huh? It is. Anyway. I think I told you that I gave up all sweets as a resolution, (a.k.a everything that tastes good) so the new thing is gum. I have a stash of it in my room. Its glorious. And you can have no idea how much my lil' sibs will do for some of it. Its quite a fortuitous situation. Back to the highlight now. As I was saying, I got some gum, but its no ordinary gum. You see, as I opened it, a quote appeared. A JANE AUSTEN quote, no less. That was a first. And it was for some reason really cool. In a weird way though.

The rest of the day was quite awful. It was spent roofing. I cant complain about having to spend hours and hours perched precariously on a sloped 'roof, or having to drive in 718 nails with my own bare hands hand; but my precious Austen-quoted pack of gum got majorly smushed.

Then came the highlight of the night: MacDonald's while watching The Emperor's New Groove. I love that movie so much. During the cafĂ© scene, I had to tear myself away because I was going to a dance. I went. Although it started off really slow, it warmed up and in the end it turned out nicely. I met this girl from Slovakia there, and she had an interesting name. I think it was Leka. But I don't really care about her name, it was her English that stood out. It was amazingly good. And that got me to thinking about how awesome it would be to know a second language. It would be pretty sweet. The best thing, though, would be if you got a few of your close friends to learn it with you. Just think about some the situations you could get out of that one. First off, you could just really really mess people, but think about how entertaining it would be if you were hanging out with a person who was just over-the-top obnoxious and annoying, and you just start talking about how much you don't like hanging out with him (or her) in a second language. It would be hilarious, especially because when people don't know what's on, they usually just awkwardly smile and nod. One would only use this in extreme circumstances, of course, when the person really is a total jerk and he deserves it. Imagine it....it would almost make dealing with those kind of people bearable.*

Today was pretty busy as well. It naturally started with getting up at a reasonable hour to get ready for mass started at 6:30 when my brother's alarm went off. He had a horse show he had to get to, so he is partially forgiven. Mass was nice, of course, and then I headed over to the horse show. It was the first one I'd ever gone to. It was sorta neat, actually. His big jumps got cancelled, so that was LAME, but you cant have everything.

After the viewing of beautiful, but very strong smelling half-ton animals, it off for some big sister time at Buffalo Wild Wings. For those of you who aren't sports people, its a chain of sports bars. we watch a playoff game, and her team won, so she was happy. It was my first time going there, and my description of it runs as follows: a ton of wide screens, and ton of wide, beer-guzzling men. Its pretty much a sports fan's heaven though....there are a few square seating sections, but they aren't sectioned off by walls, exactly....you are just surrounded by walls of TVs and there are bucket loads of good, unhealthy food.

And on that note, I think I shall take my leave because its dinner time...how convenient. :)

So see ya later! And in the meantime, don't get yourself lost.

-Thomas, who doesn't even know what he just said.





No comments:

Post a Comment