Friday, January 10, 2014

Dentists and tea.

This morning I went to get my teeth cleaned. At the dentist's. No cavities. Nil. Zip. Zero. Which actually isn't a surprise because I've never gotten one in my entire life. Which actually is a surprise because my brushing habits are less than optimal. Anyway. Dentist visits are awkward. Ok, is it just me, or are dental assistants usually quite attractive. So. Back to awkward. There you are, lying in a suped-up lounge chair with a gorgeous woman waiting on you. Life is good, right? Hah! Not so fast you fool. Because all there is is a silence. No matter how hard you try, you cant strike up a conversation. Why? Because your mouth is in a constant gape and said attractive woman is playing around on the inside of your mouth with a bunch of mini daggers and spears. Oh, and you cant forget the dorky bib you're wearing...it has a rather humbling effect. Back to this morning now. Today's dental assistant was like a really enthusiastic version of Julia Roberts.

It was so not cool. The worst part was when you have to spit into that vac-cup after they polish your teeth...I never got into the spitting mode when I was a little boy and I am a very unskilled spitter...the first rinse went fine, but the second time around something somehow went awfully wrong. I somehow missed the cup or overpowered the vacuum. I honestly have no idea what happened because it was over before I knew it had started. Anyway. Water had splashed on my cute little bib and my shirt and pretty much everything else in the room. I was left in a sort of shell-shocked state and for all I know was probably drooling too. Not a banner appointment to say the least. well, I don't have another for six months, so I don't have to worry....

Ahh yes, and tea. You see, one of my friends have me this ginormous bag of loose tea for Christmas. And it had just sat there patiently in the cabinet until this morning. My dad brought a really pretty blue teapot back from the east coast for my mom. But more importantly, it has a strainer. So I made tea. Ok. before I go into this I want to say that I'm not one of those tea people. I rarely drink it because I hate waiting for the water to boil. But this tea was really good and...I don't really know how to say...pure maybe? Hmm I don't know. One thing I do know is tat is was really calming and cozy. To the extent that I'm kind of suspicious as to what it actually is made of. But honestly, who cares. I'm felling great. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!! :D


Oh, and my family finally had its Epiphany celebration. (we had to delay it cuz of the east coast trip) And I got more presents. Which is awesome. I got the normal toys and gadgets. But the highlights were: these super comfy socks, a Redsox World Series Champions t-shirt, and a bunch of awesome underwear. My mom told me she was actually going to buy me pink underwear, so that I would be more carful about not letting it ever show. But I have no shame. And she knew that. She didn't buy them. Actually, I do have shame and I probably would have returned them.

And just so you people who don't know me don't get the wrong idea, I'm not one of those people who purposely wears their pants with half their rear hanging out. I just don't wear my pants up past my belly button--that's where my parents think they should be--I wear them normally. I'm really skinny, though, so when I forget or am too lazy to put a belt on I am in a constant battle with gravity; hitching and pulling and holding up. So. I don't like showing my underwear, it is called  UNDERwear for a reason! And I think its time for a change of topic....that got way more in-depth then I had planned. I just thought an explanation was on order and then...Oh why do I have to be so awkward? I apologize if it was a little TMI-y for you. But I mean, we're past second grade potty humor giggles here, right? This was meant to be a mature discussion about a controversial topic, and if you took it to be anything different, you have warped mind and you should be ashamed of yourself! Ok, I'm starting to think I'm just digging myself into a deeper hole now and that I should have shut up before I had started talking, but its too late now.

So. Nice weather, eh?

Bye.

-Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment