Thursday, January 9, 2014

In Memoriam


As many of you know, my youngest sister had a twin, Marie Rose, who died of SIDS when she was 6 weeks old. Her half-anniversary was a few days back and I was thinking of about her and stuff quite a lot last night and this was the result....

I remember holding you with my arm
You were a delicate unopened bud
Small yet still filled with beauty and charm
The sun glistening on your morning dew.
My arm was the procurator of  your needs 
It was there to keep you from falling
Falling amongst the harmful thorns and weeds  
And you my arm did keep from all harm.
But my bud, oh my most beautiful rose
How quickly those times changed
The cold it came in and the dew it froze
Why did the frost come to one so young?
My perfect of little rose buds was taken 
Even before her dew burned off
Here I felt for a moment forsaken
How could she be gone before bloom?
But I came to realize ere long the right  
That more steady arms than mine
Are surely wrapped about her so very tight
And her now open'd petals hold me aloft. 
Anyway. She was a lucky duck and didn't have to deal with life, and we are all stuck here plugging away. She never had exams or calculus....life just isn't fair. But she is up there watching out for me and I know that without her help I wouldn't be anywhere close to what I am and that things probably wouldn't be so pretty. So. Thank you,  Rosie! (I'm still somewhat jealous of you, though.  Wanna trade places? You can have my bike....Hmmm is that a no? Well, you're not as much of a suckah as Mary Kate is...I thought you were supposed to be twins....What? Mary Kate wont be a suckah when she's a saint? Well that'll be the day....So long, and I cant wait to see you again...By the bye, do ya think you could ask if things could be sped up for me?....No again?...Well you really are still a sister then....Bbye!) 
Okay, I've got lots of work to do, so I guess I'll be getting going. (sorry for the weirdness of this post, my head is still really stuffed up)
-Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment