Yet another brilliantly blue sky in SoCal. We need rain though. I heard the other day that this past year was the driest its been in the past 100 years or so for our area. Everything is so brown and gross that its sort of depressing. :(
Ok. Moving on to a lighter subject. I think we all compare people in our lives to characters in the movies we see and in the books we read. At least I do. Like, "Oh my gosh! So-and-so is just like Rapunzel." or, "Hah! He's Gaston reincarnated." and I could go on and on. As y'all pretty much have to know by now, I'm currently reading Emma. Oh no, you sigh, is he really going to keep on talking about this book? Hasn't he done that enough already? Is it ever going to end? To which I reply, Yes, no, and regretfully yes. So, while I read it, I match people in the book to people I know. I of course have an Emma, a Mr. Woodhouse, a Mr. and Mrs. Weston, a Herriot, a Jane Fairfax, and a Miss Bates. I don't have anyone who fits perfectly to either Frank Churchill or Mr. Knightley though. I am bringing this up, though, because today Mrs. E. made her first appearance in the story and I have someone who fits her so perfectly, its quite amazing. I mean, the person I know isn't nearly as bad Mrs. E....she's like Mrs. E. jr. or Mrs. E. to a lesser degree, but the similarities are still striking.
Oopsies, gotta run.
-Thomas
No comments:
Post a Comment