Saturday, November 23, 2013
Bad Habits and My Strangeness.
We've all heard the saying that bad habits are easy to make and hard to break. I'm assuming that y'all know why that's so, so I'm going to skip explaining it. *collective phew!* Most people get into bad habits because an outside force (person or thing) affects them. So, I'm going to tell you about an AWFUL bad habit that my brother has given me in the last three weeks. For those last three weeks he has gotten tutored at some snazzy center up in Santa Barbara. Anyway. He is finished with it now, and I think it has effected me more than it has him. You see, he had to get up at 6ish every morning and, as we be roomies, that meant that I woke up at 6ish every morning as well. *lets out a tired, half-moan*
I think I pick up on habits pretty quick because six every morning now. Its an awful habit, my virtual friends. You have no idea. I woke up at 6:30 this morning and I considered it sleeping in. I thought I was lucky. On a Sat. morning! That's how bad it is. On second thought, I don't think words can describe how bad this bad habit really is, so I will leave it at that.
The problem is that I don't know how to get rid of it. What can I do? Starve myself of sleep for a week and then see if that throws me off this diabolic cycle. But what if it doesn't? Then I would have wasted my precious sleep. Gah!
Ok. Now for the strangeness part. I really think I need some professional help. I do the weirdest, strangest things sometimes. I call them my 'experiments.' It usually has to do with me subjecting myself to some kind of pain, just so I know what a person in a certain experience really feels like.
I don't know exactly why I do it. But something seems to be telling me that knowing these feeling will be helpful for my future self.
Honestly though. Like last Sun. I just lay there playing dead while my little brother tried to wake me up. I let his do all kinds of awful stuff to me because I wanted to know what it felt like to be beat upon and not be able to fight back. Like a slave or a prisoner that is being interrogated Lets just say it wasn't a pleasant sensation. Or last I walked home in the cold for over a mile without my shoes on because I wanted to know what it felt like to be a homeless person who couldn't afford to buy shoes.
I mean, I guess this would all be good to know if I was planning on being an actor or an author, but right now my plan is a physical therapist, and I don't see the connection. I'm kind of worried too because what if the next thing that I want to experience is like, getting hit by a car, or jumping off cliff?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder what jumping off a cliff feels like?
Sorry, got to go.
Just kidding.
That being said, it has come to my attention that its the "Day of The Doctor" and that reminds me. If you think I'm strange, you need to meet a Whovian*. I honestly don't get them or that show. I mean it's fine, but not really anything THAT special. And definitely not worth having a day named after it. Or a Google Doodle dedicated to it. I have to say that I liked the 9th and 10th doctors, but the 11th was not do good. He just didn't seem Doctorish to me.
And FYI (for those of you who find it difficult to put two and two together) this was a not serious post and what I said about my 'experiments' was not entirely true. They did really happen, but not for the reasons that I gave. The reasons were much more boring and commonplace and, because its so much more fun to make things up and dramatize things, I did. They were not entirely false though. While they were happening, I was like, Wow, this must be how it feels to get interrogated by terrorist and Oh, so this is how homeless people feel when they don't have shoes. And sometime during the two 'experiments' my imagination turned myself into a heroic martyr, fighting for freedom and a poor homeless person. I think I need to grow up. But I don't want to.
I guess that's it for today.
I think this wins the prize for my weirdest post yet. (sorry)
-Thomas
*To my valued Whovian friends: You really are strange. JK. I really do like the show, but I don't think it like fantastibasticlly amazing. But, to each their own. Whishing you a Whofastical day! I hope it proves to be worth the wait! I honestly was just trying to push buttons. :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Day of the Doctor was the EPISODE that came out, goof! We wouldn't be THAT presumptuous :)
ReplyDeleteOh but you are.....well, maybe not you in particular, but there are some that are.*coughcoughandrewellisnottomentionanynamescoughcough* Seriously, if there's a google doodle, its more than just the episode....you are fanatical crazy people. =P
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (yes, im bored....you seriously need to come home ;)