Friday, September 6, 2013

Bye coach, and other random thoughts.

Ok, so last night was the last practice with my swim coach. EVER. He going to S. America as a missionary. I don't know how our team is going to survive without him. He was a great coach and he really pushed us hard. But, as sad as it is for everyone else, he is doing the right thing and that is what's important.
I had no idea what I was going to write about, but now I have thought of a brilliant idea...
My coach leaving our swim team is a good lesson for me and hopefully some of you as well.
As many of you know, I am obsessed with sports. Wait no, maybe that should be OBSESSED with sports...Yep, that's more like it;) Anyway, what I am getting at is that there are, believe it or not, more important things in life than sports, EVEN THAN FOOTBALL. *gasps*

Now that's not to say that I don't think sports are important. They are. Just as it is our duty to keep our mind sharp and exercised, we also need to take good care of our bodies and sports are a great way to do that that. Sports also teach us countless life lessons: teamwork, interaction with others, hard work, and discipline, to name a few. But they still are not at the top of...or should I say, should not be at the top of the pyramid.
The correct top of the pyramid is actually quite simple. We need to hold fast to what we know to be true and strive to be the best person we can. That can mean a lot of things, depending on what you believe in, but there is always that common principle that everyone should have. That is, to always strive to be the best person one can possibly be. Anyway, my fountain of brilliance is running out, so...The End.

Ok, I know, that wasn't that brilliant, but for being this early and not having anything to eat or drink yet, (maybe I should have put that on the top of the pyramid...oh well, to late now ;)) I still think it was pretty good.
-Thomas, who is stoked for today cuz it's gonna be awesome!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment