As you all know, my family and I are serious Catholics. So, when they found out that where we were staying was not far from Knock, a famous shine and basilica where there was an apparition of Mary a little over a hundred years ago, they decided to go. It was quite an experience. There were like 6 different churches on the site, all dedicated to different things.
And then, on the way home we passed another church. There are churches and shrines EVERYWHERE here in Ireland, which I think is nice, but I don't think we have to stop at all of them. My parents have this thing with stopping at churches, so we stopped to check it out. Now don't get me wrong, I love going to church. But, as my dad suggested stopping, I was thinking, Wait. Weren't we just at a church twenty min. ago? Isn't six in one day enough?....I guess it wasn't because we went. And it was nice. A little side note--Catholics make the sign of the cross every time they pass a church--well, my parents and I are getting quite the workout from it....maybe if I have come here BEFORE my race I would have won. ;)
The rest of the day was spent driving through the beautiful countryside, looking for the perfect sweater. We found some perfect ones, but the same couldn't be said about the prices, so we are going to see if we can find them anywhere else at a more reasonable price.
I also owe you an apology because I seem to have misplaced the usb cable for our camera. So you will have to like with out the pictures till (hopefully) tomorrow. In the meanwhile, I have a small recompense for the absence of beautiful pictures....
...An awful one. That is me. Drinking a pint o'Guinness. On my birthday. Heaven on earth for me, insult to injury for you. Sorry, but it was the best I could do. :P
Also, here is a link to some good pictures from my race: http://www.marathon-photos.com/scripts/event.py?event=Sports/CPUK/2013/ITU%20Paratriathlon%20World%20Champs&match=84&name=Thomas
I hope yerself is doin well.
-Thomas

No comments:
Post a Comment