Ok, where to start...there is so much to say. I guess that usually the best and most intelligible way to tell a story is from the beginning. Here we go.....
We left for LA at four o'clock in the afternoon. Actually, I got picked up by my parents because some of my awesome friends organized a last minute goodbye gathering...thanks guys!!!
Upon arriving at the airport I had an awful thought that turned out to be a reality. I forgot my meds. I cannot believe how stupid I am. We called home to see if we could ship them overnight, but, as it turns out, it's illegal to ship medications, so I'm stuck without them. :( In addition to that, we realized that we had forgotten our camera...so sorry, but there ain't gonna be no pictures. Just kidding. We're planning buying one tomorrow. :D
Anyway. Once we got onto the plane everything was great. I slept a little, rested a little, and watched a lot of movies: Thor, Star-trek, (the new one) Ironman, The Princess Bride, and MU. Yeah, I know, I pretty much labeled myself as a geek right there, but who cares? The flight was smooth and, once we landed, we took the tube out to the apartment. Oh, and I forgot. While we were landing we got an amazing view of the city: Big Ben, Westminster Abby, the Big Eye, the houses of Parliament, and all that good stuff...so great!
The scenery is so beautiful. I really don't know how to describe it...this is the best way I can think of...If you have ever been to SF, take all the most beautiful buildings and areas of the city and multiply by about a thousand. That doesn't really do justice to it...I'll be posting pictures once we get the camera. ;)
And the people are so nice and helpful...well, at least the ones we've met. It's like they have the small town sense of community and camaraderie, even though they live in one of the biggest metropolitan areas in the world. Its so great! Its like the opposite of New York. Probably the coolest thing for me so far have been all the British schoolchildren. It's exactly like in the movies; the kids are all in there uniforms with their blazers and ties and caps...the little ones are so cute, and the older ones are so, well, British I guess. ;)
In case you haven't noticed, I am in love.
Take care, and thank you for all your thoughts and prayers!
-Thomas, who can't wait to find out what the rest of his trip has in store for him!
No comments:
Post a Comment