I just started packing for the trip! Well, I guess I should say, I'm about to start packing, because I really haven't actually started yet. You see, I've been putting it off as long I can because it's really a pain in the neck. Pretty much all triathletes know that packing and traveling with all of one's gear is the triathlete's arch-nemesis. For all of you non-triathletes, let me explain. Ok, imagine you are going to Europe as a tourist; you would bring quite a lot of stuff, right? Then imagine that in addition to all that touristy stuff you have all the necessary equipment for your favorite hobby or sport. You following me thus far? Yep? Ok then, moving on. Next, take that equipment and multiply it by three. Then there ensues the struggle of trying to make everything fit into one suit case and a bunch of carry-ons, so that the baggage fees will be only five-hundred dollars each way, instead of a thousand. And THAT is the reason that travel is the triathlete's public enemy number one.
I also have arrived at the conclusion that yesterday's conclusion was wrong. The full effects of the insane antibiotics that I am taking have left me feeling...well, like a normal, blobby human. :( Hopefully I'll be feeling better on Friday...Prayers would be appreciated!
Anyway, I think my lazy procrastinating has gone on long enough. For some reason I thought complain about packing would motivate me to get going...guess I was wrong. But, the show must go on... I'm off to start packing. Please pray that all my stuff fits, and that once everything is in, my bags wont explode. ;)
-Thomas
No comments:
Post a Comment