While we were in Ireland, the county that we were staying in was in the All-Ireland final against Dublin. When we were driving to our B&B from the airport, we kept on seeing these signs. There were signs literally everywhere wishing "the boys" luck. So, when we went to the pub that night, we asked the bartender what it was all for. From what I gathered, every year there a tournament in which all the counties in Ireland compete, until there is only one left. They were down to two when we got there. Mayo hadn't won in 57 years, so it was a really big deal. Dublin wins a lot because it is the most populous county in Ireland, so it was David vs. Goliath; the farm boys against the city slickers. Goliath won. By one freaking point. For you to understand how close that is, I have to 'splain things a little bit. You can either score a goal or a point: a goal is like a soccer goal, and on top of the goal there are uprights that you can kick the ball through to get a point. A goal is worth three points. So, if you think about it, Mayo lost by 1/3 of a goal...its devastating.
Ok. Why am I boring you with this? Because the real reason of this post is to bore you all to death. No, I actually just wanted to share some highlights from the game. Its probably the most insane sport ever. Anyway. Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFavFipgkCU As you probably will notice, that's only the 1st half. If you're interested in the second half here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOY3gwDK9Uo
Its so great! If it didn't look like it takes an amazing amount of skill, I would try playing it with my friends. ;P
I am also a very happy person right now because I found my hat. You have no idea. I got it in Ireland, and it had been lost since the night I got home. I found it under my brother's bed...have no idea how it got there. But my prodigal hat has returned and I am so stoked!!!!
Now I know I told you that I would do a daily picture, but I still haven't put the pictures from our trip on my love. (That's what my computer is called around here...again, I have NO idea why :P)
But here is a snapshot of my friend and I....
...That's us sending awful pictures to his girlfriend....I'm still not sure how he managed getting one in the first place. ;) Love you man!!!
Sorry, but that's the best I could do :P Hopefully by tomorrow I will have put the pictures on my love. But, even if I haven't, I like my readers and don't want them all to turn to stone, so I'll put a good one up tomorrow.
Have fun stormin' the castle!
-Thomas

No comments:
Post a Comment