Thursday, September 19, 2013

So I did get back on...

...And I have nothing particularly exciting to talk about, but...

Over the years, people have occasionally told me that I sleep talk. The fact that I sleep-talk got further cemented when Matteo, a guy from Italy, stayed with us last month and slept in my room. He was a light sleeper, and he said that I woke him up pretty much every night. He said that I even sleepwalked. Ok, you're probably thinking, why the heck is he talking about this...is this guy really this random? (Wow, I just used "this" three times, that's the great thing about blogs, there are no English teachers on them.) The answer to your question is, yes, and no. I really am a pretty random person, but me telling you about my sleep-talking isn't totally out of context. Why? You ask. Because my parents are stuck in the same room as me and I have been keeping them up. :P

Some of the more funny/embarrassing moments:
One time when we were camping with a priest (who happens to be my uncle) and his friend, who was a consecrated layman, I woke up one morning and his friend told my he had heard me sleep talking. I was like, oh no what did I say....it turned out to be not THAT bad. I supposedly was just repeating, over and over again, the phrase "what in the butt" ...not one of my banner moments. ;)

Then, when Matteo was here, one night I stood up in my bed and raised my arm, shouting, "I will save you!" Well, at least Teo got an idea of what he was in for staying with our family...insanity.

Here in our B&B, my parents only remember bits and pieces...."I'll get you back, ohhh that tickles." They don't remember anything else distinctly, but they did say that when I am leading up to a cuss, I just start going, "flugggerbthaticker" or something of that sort. Which was really satisfying on two levels. First, it proved to my parents that I don't really cuss. And second, it will put my mind at ease the next time I'm in a tent that's adjacent to a priest's. :P

And now you know of one of my many oddities.

-Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment