Sunday, September 22, 2013

Yesterday, an apology, and a complaint.

Ok, so originally my brother, Dominic, was going to have a birthday/coming home party for me the night I got home. But he didn't because the important people thought it would be too crazy. After it didn't happen on Fri. Dominic told me that it was going to have to wait till next weekend because there was a wedding on Sat. that people were going to. Needless to say, I wasn't too happy about that, but it was out of my control so I just went along with it.

Yesterday was going to be fine, though, because my friends were playing soccer and I would get a chance to see them there. But, as it turned out, only four of us showed up. We four weren't very happy about that. It actually turned out to be super fun though. At first we played regular soccer, and then we "invented" this game that right now is "snail ball" until we think of a better name. Basically it is like soccer, only you can't run. The only big differences besides that, are that the field is smaller, you can play, and score from, either side of the goal, and lastly, the goal is pretty much a lawn chair folded up in its stuff bag, or something that is roughly the same shape and size. The best rule though, is the penalty for running: if someone runs, then his or her team has to hop on one leg for 15 sec.....just imagine how amazing to watch that game would be. :P

After we were done, my sister took me out to a coffee shop to catch up. It was really nice--thanks Soph. ;) But after we were done, I was wondering what I was going to do for the rest of the day. The outlook wasn't very good....probably taking naps all day.

Then, when I got inside, my mom comes up to me and says, "Hey Thomas come here, I have to show you something."
"What? Did something come for me?"
"No"
"Is it something special"
"No" (while I am walking into the dining-room)
Then, as I walked through the doorway, I was mobbed my all my friends....I was so surprised. I was thinking that I was in trouble, and was, in my head, going through all the things that I might be in trouble for. My friends said I looked like I thought they were going to kill me. XD
The party was so much fun. We alternated between eating, playing volleyball, watching volleyball, chilling, and playing water polo. My family and friends are so great!!!!!! Thanks so much!
After my parents were done with having us at our house, we party moved on to ones of my friend's house. We played games and watched a movie....the perfect ending to a perfect day.

Now for the apology and complaint parts of the post:

The apology is for all the typos on the blog. I have this awful habit of not proofreading  my posts, and, as I am not the best typist, the result is a lot of them. Sorry! And deal with it, because I'm not changing it.

The complaint is jetlag. On Fri. I was up for 30 hours, not the best, but I'm cool with that. But the real problem is that I've woken up before 7 both days I've been home. It makes sense because 7 in the morning is 2 in the afternoon, but still. It's such a pain in the neck. And that complaint was brought to you by jetlag, the nemesis of travelers.

I'm off to take a shower.

Later.

-Thomas, who upon looking out the window and seeing a blue sky, really, really, really, wants to go to the beach. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment