Friday, September 13, 2013

It is finished.

...Don't worry, I'm not about to die. ;)
The race went not-so-good, but right now I want to talk about yesterday and then I'll take care of today.

Yesterday started at 6:30 with a bike/ run in Hyde Park. Then we went to a convent of nuns where the Tybern (or maybe tyborn...too lazy to look it up) Tree (the place where they killed lots of the martyrs during the reformation) was. There was a shrine there honoring all the martyrs and it was such a powerful experience. They had amazing relics there and it was a reminder to me that, although what I do is pretty darn cool, these guys are the real deal. I sacrifice part of my life for a title, a medal, and personal accomplishment. They sacrificed all for the ultimate goal. I almost feel guilty talking about what they did, and what I do, in the same paragraph. Moving on.

Then we went and rented city bikes so that we could go to 221B baker St. before an anti-doping meeting I had to go to. After nearly killing myself twice, we got there. It was cool. Ok. Fast forward to tomorrow, or, I guess it's today now isn't it? Actually, I have to go to dinner now. I'll be back soon...If I don't collapse;)

No comments:

Post a Comment