Today we went to mass at Knock, searched for sweaters again, and did some reconnecting with extended family. It is getting late here so I'm just going to tell you about the last bit--yep, you just caught a break. ;P
We spent the afternoon and evening catching up and meeting with my mom's relatives. It was so great. We met with two couples who where my great-grandmother's nieces and nephews. They were amazing! The people around here are so outgoing, entertaining, simple, and kind. They took us out to lunch and then we went to the house where my grandmother was born. It was really neat to see the family roots.
Then we went on a awesome drive through the countryside on the top of a ridge. And, while we were driving, my mom called a relative on my great-grandfather's side. She got through to the contact, Martin O'Hara, and he dropped everything and took us on a tour of the area. We visited a family friend, a dear old man of 87 who was somehow connected to everything, went to Martin's house for tea, and visited the cemetery and church that my great-grandfather's family used. It was a great experience.
I'm sorry, but it appears that we left the cord for the camera in London...I'll post the best pictures when we get home.
If I don't get on before we leave, please pray for safe travels back to the states.
Later.
-Thomas
No comments:
Post a Comment