Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Boooooooyeah!

You know, you live and you lean. Today I learned that attempting to study Federalist Papers 9, 15, 16, and The Articles of Confederation in approximately 34 min. is probably best left not recommended. Or in other words, I would not recommend attempting it. And taking a test after doing so? No bueno.

The above situations actually touch upon two of my many faults and because I was actually thinking about doing a post on some of my shortcomings already, I think I'll go a little more in depth. The reason, of course, for my wanting to do a shortcomings post is that I don't want to have people to have a false impression of me. Those of you who a) don't know me at all and are either 1. a person who leads a boring enough life to read this without knowing me,  or 2. a creepy stocker, (hopefully that picture yesterday scared at least a few of you off)  or b) a person who doesn't know me very well and wants to have better informed opinion of me probably think I'm some sort of perfect person who was sent down to be a light to this dark world. Nope. Just because I'm always preaching (nicely, I hope) about stuff, being polite, and generally putting on a good face here, does not mean that I'm like this in real life. You see, I'm an idiot. The blog version of me is the ideal (except that I wouldn't be quite as preachy, probably) Thomas. Why is he ideal? Well, I think its because here I generally think about what I say and do before I type it, whereas in everyday life, I don't usually find the time to think before I act. Its weird.

Anyway. Moving on to the two shortcomings. Number one is procrastination. For hopefully obvious reasons. I'm both so very good at it and so very bad at it, it might in the end prove to be my downfall. The problem is that I still get along reasonably well. Gah! I don't fully understand procrastination. One knows things aren't going to get any easier, one knows that its just going to complicate things, and yet one does it anyway. I know it has to do with laziness, but still: you'd think it would be easier to curb.


Number two is that I overanalyze things. You might now be wondering what I mean by 'things.' Well, to be honest, I mean practically everything. From people to relationships between people  to problems on tests. My head and my heart are constantly resisting each other, like flipped magnets, and the result is that I blunderize a lot of things. If I just went with my 'gut' feeling more, I think things would go a lot better, and by things I mean test, and by tests I mean pretty much everything because life really is just one ginormous test, right?

Ahhh! I just had blueberries and cream for dessert....pure delight!

Oh, and speaking of tests, yesterday I took a personality test that my friends had mentioned in the past and that I had been totally in the dark about. Its called the Myers-Briggs personality test. Anyway. Some of my friends are somewhat nerdy and they would talk about how they were a ENTJ or and ENFP or something like that, and I was totally lost. So I went on this website and took it. The crazy thing about is that is only has 4 questions and they determine what your traits are. Its nuts and pretty accurate.  Mine didn't work perfectly because I honestly didn't know how answer some of them. They are either or questions and I need a 'both' option. Mine was INFP, which supposedly means that I am, "Idealistic, loyal to their values and to people who are important to them. Want an external life that is congruent with their values. Curious, quick to see possibilities, can be catalysts for implementing ideas. Seek to understand people and to help them fulfill their potential. Adaptable, flexible, and accepting unless a value is threatened.".....This particular personality is more commonly a girl's and less commonly a guy's....that figures. What was cool, though, is that among a few other awesome career fits, physical therapy was one the 'best fits for an INFP' and that is currently tied at the top of my career pyramid.


Adios Peoples!

-Thomas, who totally whipped his tests today.....he hopes.



8 comments:

  1. Honestly, I don't think you guys are as nerdy as you think you are.....I mean, all you do is, obsess over dr. who, read a ton, write fan fiction, write real fiction, giggle a ton, have screen printed t-shirts, including Sherlock and dr. who ones, and are crazy about superheroes.....that's not that nerdy..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7syfhrVaLo ...that's real nerd. just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I admit, he has me beat. But I think it's only by video games...o_O

      Delete
    2. yeah, that's pretty much it. I didn't know you were studying quantum mechanics too.....how is it? ;)

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. Well, I don't understand it, so "NEGATIVE NERD POINTS FOR GRYFFINDOR!"

      Delete
  2. i just watched that video.....wow.

    ReplyDelete